GOO GOO DOLLS: BIG NIGHT OUT TOUR!! ✨πŸ”₯🎸

AND THAT'S A WRAP!!

I SAW THE GOO GOO DOLLS LIVE!!! πŸ–€πŸ€˜πŸ™ŒπŸ˜πŸ˜­✨πŸ”₯🎸

I have now officially seen every single one of my top favorite artists LIVE in concert!! (*Go check out my *NEW* SHOWS tab for a complete list!*)

I'M. SO. HAPPY!!!

I feel complete.

I'm still floating that after-concert HIGH!! What an INCREDIBLE, ROCKIN' NIGHT!! πŸ€˜πŸ”₯🎸  It was truly PERFECT. The PERFECT way to end the summer and start this new era of my life!! πŸ”₯✨

My brother and I got to the venue an hour early which was so worth it! We were able to find great parking, got some food and drinks, chill for a bit and then went and ROCKED OUT with the opener, O.A.R. Let me just give these guys a quick shout-out: they were FANTASTIC! πŸ™ŒπŸ€˜✊ I had looked up some of their music at the beginning of the summer and really enjoyed it, but they are so much better LIVE!! They can really JAM!! 🎸 Incredibly talented!! My favorite was their keyboardist/percussionist/background vocals guy! He was so fun and was playing three different instruments!! And they had a SAXAPHONE PLAYER!! 🎷 A rock group with a sax!! It was AWESOME!!! I can't really pin-point exactly what their "style" of music is...they had influences of pop/rock, reggae and acoustic; very versatile and diverse group. They even covered Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash which was extremely unexpected but they killed it! They had an hour long set and had the entire crowd on their feet!! I have to say my favorite performance of theirs was a song called That Was  Crazy Game of Poker, which I'd never heard before but they played with so much energy and people started throwing playing cards all throughout the audience! It was a PARTY!! πŸŽ‰Haha. 

After the incredible opening "pre-show" the GOO GOO DOLLS ROCKED THE HOOOUUUSSSSE!! 🎸πŸ”₯πŸ™Œ✊πŸ‘Š
OHMYGOSH IT WAS SO FREAKING INCREDIBLE!!! 😍🀩😭 Both my brother and I were curious to hear how they sounded live (they're no spring chickens...) and they absolutley CRUSHED IT!! Johnny's vocals were EXCELLENT!! UGGGGHH!! HIS VOICE!!!  πŸ˜ It's one of my absolute FAVORITES!! AND SHOUT OUT TO MY GUY ROBBY!! πŸ™ŒπŸ‘Š  I love him so much, haha! πŸ˜‚ That man inspired me! Here he is, a 58 year old guy with long purple hair running and jumping and rocking out all over the stage, while playing his bass guitar BAREFOOT!! And he did it all with a HUGE GRIN plastered on his face the entire time! 😝 He also sang a few songs and sounded...like Robby!! πŸ˜† A lot of people would sit down during his songs but my brother and I stayed on our feet the whole show and gave all the Robby love!! πŸ’œ He was just living his best life, doing what he loves and KILLING IT!! Like I said, he inspires me!

BUT...JOHNNY. πŸ˜πŸ–€πŸ™‡ I could go on all day about that man and his vocal chops! Johnny was also rocking out all night, playing several different guitars, high-fiving the audience (I unfortunately couldn't get tickets up close the to the stage like a few of my previous concerts...I WANT A HIGH FIVE FROM JOHNNY!! 😭) and singing with his iconic, gravelly, soulful, BEAUTIFUL voice!! Uggghhh!! I love this band so much! Out of all my faves, I've known about the Googs the longest...I remember hearing their songs on the radio since I was a KID!! And I've always, always, always LOVED them! 

Just a few highlights/honorable mentions:
- Over and Over. Since the first time I heard this song I have thought it would be so fun to experience LIVE...and man it was!! πŸ€˜πŸ™ŒπŸŽΈπŸ”₯πŸŽ‰ 
- During the song Black Balloon a whole bunch of black balloons were floating all over the crowd πŸ–€
- Hearing So Alive and singing along to every single word made me feel...SO ALIVE!! ✨πŸ˜­πŸ™Œ
- Johnny sang Sympathy with just an acoustic piano!! It was STUNNING!! Took my breath away! I didn't even want to sing along so I could fully hear him and soak in the experience. Like I said, his vocals...😍😭
- IRIS. Need I say more?? I've heard IRIS live. πŸ’“πŸ˜­ It was the same "I've been waiting to hear this song live all my life" kinda feeling I had when hearing If Only live!! MY LIFE IS COMPELTE!! That moment Johnny held the mic out to the audience and every single person starts singing every single word....MAGIC

Setlist 8.31.23

Broadway
Over and Over
Slide
Big Machine
Here Is Gone
Black Balloon
January Friend
Yeah, I Like You
Going Crazy
Lucky Star
So Alive
Sympathy (Acoustic piano version)
Come to Me
Name
Dizzy
Miracle Pill
Run All Night
Life's A Message
Bringing On the Light
Better Days
Stay With You
Tattered Edge/You Should Be Happy
I Won't Back Down (feat. Marc Roberge from O.A.R.)
Iris


This was a night to remember!! One I will NEVER, EVER FORGET!! I finally got to see the Goo Goo Dolls LIVE!! It's still such a miracle/tender mercy to me considering they were here last summer and I had to miss them...and then they came BACK!! πŸ™ It feels like it was just for me!! Hahaha, I know I'm fangirling and cheesing so hard right now but for real! This was such a special night for me, one I will cherish forever!! πŸ’–✨ I had the BEST TIME!!

THIS IS THE WAY TO KICK-OFF MY NEW YEAR (AKA MY BIRTHDAY!!) AGAIN!!! πŸŽ‰πŸ₯³πŸ”₯✨ CELEBRATING WITH MY MUSIC!! Music that gives me a voice and makes me FEEL...heard. Seen. Understood. πŸ’–✨




THANK YOU FOR AN AMAZING NIGHT GOOGS!!
I WILL NEVER FORGET IT!!!πŸ–€
YOU'RE MUSICF FILLS MY SOUL AND IS JUST WHAT I NEEDED!!!
NEVER STOP ROCKING!! 🀘
YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!! 🀩
COME BACK SOON, I'LL BE THERE!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morticia and Gomez Addams Love Song: "Rot Next to You"

Siren Call

Sally's Song and Corpse Bride Medley