PETER PAN πŸ‘¦πŸ§š✨

Today is the first day of fall πŸ‚ and I'm so ready!

By mid-September I really start getting in the "autumn" mood. Stores have their fall and Halloween dΓ©cor out, the weather starts to get cooler, you can see little hints of changing colors in the leaves. It's magical. ✨

This stage, between the weeks following my birthday and October 1st, I want to start in on the holiday fun! I'm just too excited! I was originally planning on decorating my room for Halloween the day after my birthday but thought I'd give it another week. Well, it's that time! I have a very busy weekend ahead, so I probably won't get to it until Monday but it's coming! πŸŽƒπŸ‘»

As it's still a bit too early to be in full-on "spooky" mode (for me) I find myself feeling nostalgic. I find myself feeling reflective and like I need to slow down a bit; read more, bake more, do more "cozy" relaxed things. There's something magical and whimsical in the air and I start thinking about my three most favorite childhood stories and fairytales: Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland and The Wizard of Oz.

Two years ago I did a great big Alice in Wonderland themed post where I shared songs from and inspired by Lewis Carrol's timeless tale. Go check that out along with two more "Alice" themed songs from Tim Burton's (terrible) films πŸ™ƒ The songs are good!

So starting today, and continuing until October 1st, I want to share some of these "whimsical" childhood favorites of mine along with songs inspired by these classic tales and themes.

Today, I have to start with my #1 boy, PETER PAN! πŸ‘¦πŸ§š✨

I have loved the story of Peter Pan for years! πŸ’š There's something so magical and wonderful about the boy who never grew up and lives in Never Neverland. Disney's animated film has always been a favorite of mine and makes me wish I could fly away with Peter and Tinkerbelle and hang out in Neverland for a while. The themes of magic, belief, flying, pixie dust, imagination and remaining a child at heart forever will never get old to me. I've never truly grown up; I've never lost my love for the simple pleasures of life and I never will. I have a bit of Peter Pan in my heart! We can remain childlike without being childish. It's easy for me to remember the carefree days of childhood and the simple pleasures that can be found in a beautiful sunset, the changing leaves or the first snowfall. I used to work with kids and I miss seeing their pure wonder, joy and excitement about the smallest things. 

Get ready to be transported back to your childhood with these magical songs!


The first time I saw the live musical production of Peter Pan I was a young teenager and it was at my local high school. My cousin played the title role and I loved it! I imagined myself playing Peter in a stage production (imagining I could sing, act and dance 😜). It was so magical and fun! I've seen the musical one other time since, and although I prefer Disney's animated classic, this show is so fun and a couple of the songs have stuck with me over the years.

I Gotta Crow
I can remember hearing my cousin sing this song all those years ago. Peter is so cocky but I love it! πŸ“



Neverland
The star of the show! This song is beautiful! It's like a dream. The first time I heard this song was from Kenny Loggins as part of his song Neverland Medley which I shared a couple years back during my Month of Love Songs challenge. Be sure to give it a listen! 

From NBC's Peter Pan Live! 2014
Allison Williams


I'm Flying 
IMAGINE FLYING WITH PETER PAN!! πŸ’šπŸ˜­✨ All you need is faith, trust and pixie dust! And happy thoughts! See, what's NOT to love about Peter Pan!?

Cathy Rigby as Peter. From the 53rd Tony Awards - 1999
The ending is amazing!


Don't forget to check out a previously shared song from the musical (and one of my personal favorites) I Won't Grow Up! 



This movie is so nostalgic for me! It's still one of my family's collective favorite movies! I remember my dad taking us to the theatre to see this and we all came away obsessed! My sister and I had a major crush on Peter πŸ˜‚ and we bought this soundtrack and listened to it on repeat in the car! Those were the good ol' days...

Main Title - James Newton Howard
πŸ’šπŸ’“πŸ˜­✨




Flying - James Newton Howard
THE MOST MAGICAL SONG YOU'LL EVER HEAR!! I WANT TO GO TO NEVERLAND!! πŸ’š✨


This scene will never get old! Forever one of the greatest cinematic experiences of my life!


We'll end today's massive nostalgic-filled post with the iconic, that started it all for me music...

Disney's Peter Pan πŸ’š

The Second Star to the Right 
Takes me back to happier, simpler days. This opening song makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside, it will never get old! 


You Can Fly! You Can Fly! You Can Fly!
TAKE ME TO NEVERLAND! 😭 The "Pan Pipes" are everything!! 😍


A Pirate's Life
The fearsome CAPTAIN HOOK! What I wanna know is...how did Hook and his motley crew get to Neverland? They're grown ups after all!



Following the Leader
"I shall try to be worthy of my post!" πŸ˜‚




Your Mother and Mine
I dedicated this song to my mom early on in the beginning posts of the blog...this song is so sweet!



The Elegant Captain Hook




BONUS SONG!

Never Smile At a Crocodile 🐊
This song was on an old Disney Sing-a-long show I had growing up. I recently thought of it and just showed it to my niece and nephew and they were obsessed! Such a funny throwback!! 



I know this post is getting way too long but I have a few more I NEED to share before closing!


The Second Star to the Right - Jonatha Brooke
I think this is in the Disney sequel Peter Pan II: Return to Neverland, but I love this version! Her voice is gorgeous!

The video footage is from the film Finding Neverland
The song and the clips just work so well together.
This movie is a major tear-jerker but I think I need to go watch this now...


I'll Try - Jonatha Brooks
One of the BEST Disney songs from a movie sequel EVER!


I'll Try - Jesse McCartney
If you've been around for a while then you'll know JMAC was my original celebrity crush! And his cover of this song is πŸ˜πŸ’“

Disney Mania fans anyone!?
Which reminds me....

The Second Star to the Right - Jesse McCartney
I think I loved him because he covered Peter Pan TWICE! 


THIS TAKES ME BACK!
He would've made a cute Peter Pan πŸ˜‰



I'LL NEVER GROW UP! πŸ’š✨

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morticia and Gomez Addams Love Song: "Rot Next to You"

Siren Call

Sally's Song and Corpse Bride Medley