Sunshine

Song: Sunshine
Artist: Aerosmith

I'm so excited for October and HaLlOwEn!!!💀 I love the holidays so much!

For the past several years, I have been reading "holiday inspired" books beginning around this time of year. I have read books such as The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevensen, Frakenstien by Mary Shelly, The Witches by Roald Dahl, The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux and And Then There Were None by Agatha Christy. I also read The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving every year. It's very important to note that I am NOT a fan of horror or "super scary." I like the fun side of Halloween, not the creepy. So, there will be NO Stephen King novels for this girl!

This year, I started reading a book that I felt could work for Halloween but also wasn't quite "Halloweeny" enough, so I decided to start reading mid-September and slowly start ringing in "spooky season" that way. The book was Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Alice Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll. I am a BIG Alice in Wonderland fan. I love the whimsical nature of the story and all of the characters of Wonderland. Disney's animated movie is one of my favorite Disney films! It always makes me feel nostalgic and like I'm a kid again whenever I see it. Since I finished reading the book today, I watched the cartoon. And since I've been on a "Wonderland high" I was reminded of this song that I discovered several months ago.

I was drawn to the song because of the lyrics as they make a lot of Alice in Wonderland references....I hope this song isn't secretly about drugs or something because I could see how that would work....but I really, really enjoy it so I hope not!! The reason I'm sharing this song today (and babbled this entire post!) is because I was thinking it could be on my Halloween Playlist next month because of the "Alice" references but then I thought ".....that's a bit of a stretch." So, I decided to post it today since I just finished the book and watched the movie! Remember the days when I used to actually post songs just for the heck of it? I've been really out of that habit for the past few years.....it seems the only times I post are during one of my monthly challenges (or when I'm depressed 😬). I need to work on that.....but for the next three months straight I'll be daily posting so you have that to look forward to! I'm excited for holiday music!!

*This was the first time I've seen the music video....Steven Tyler makes a GREAT Mad Hatter....he gives me the heebie-jeebies!😨

I sold my soul for a one night stand
I followed Alice into Wonderland
I ate the mushroom and I danced with the queen
Yeah we dancing in between all the lines

I followed daylight right into the dark
Took to the hatter like a walk in the park
But then I met her yeah she felt so right
No shadow the night yeah it was she

They call her sunshine
The kind that everybody knows
yeah yeah
They call her sunshine
She's finer than a painted rose
yeah yeah
Sunshine
yeah

Her kind of love is what I adore
What kind of trouble am I in for
My kind of Heaven lies in Hell's back door
And I got more than I need

They call her sunshine
The kind that everybody knows
yeah yeah
They call her sunshine
She's finer than a painted rose
yeah yeah
Sunshine
yeah

I got the karma but it don't come free
I chased that rabbit up an old oak tree
That caterpillar is tryin' to cop a plea
The smoke ain't got nothing on me

I got to have my sunshine
The kind that everybody knows
yeah yeah
Sunshine
Finer than a painted rose
Sunshine the kind that everybody knows
My sunshine she's finer than a painted rose
Sunshine
Sunshine yeah yeah



While we're on the topic, here are a few other Alice in Wonderland inspired songs for your viewing/listening pleasure:

Firstly, we have to start with the songs from the cartoon!

Alice in Wonderland - Opening song

A World of My Own

I'm Late! & Down the Rabbit Hole

Caucus Race!

How D'Ye Do and Shake Hands!

The Walrus and the Carpenter

All in a Golden Afternoon

A-E-I-O-U (The Caterpillar Song)

The Cheshire Cat 
Fun Fact: The words to the song he's singing at the beginning of the video, are the words from the famous Jabberwocky poem found in the book Alice Through the Looking-Glass (the things you pick up on after you've just finished the original source! i.e. reading the book!)

I'm Odd (Deleted Cheshire Cat song)

A Very Merry Un-Birthday!

Very Good Advice

Painting the Roses Red



Soooo.....that was a lot, hahaha! Sorry 'bout it! They're just too good! OK, here's some more (non-movie related songs):


Pocketful of Poetry - Mindy Gledhill
If this music video doesn't SCREAM Alice in Wonderland then I don't know what will!
I remember the first time I heard this song (before I ever saw the video) I thought to myself "This gives me Alice in Wonderland vibes and I don't know why!" haha! Man, I'm good! That's one reason I've always loved Mindy Gledhill's music, it's whimsical and fun and she has Alice & Peter Pan inspired-songs (two of my favorite things!)

Wonderland - Taylor Swift


These next few songs are from the Broadway musical Wonderland. I had the opportunity to see this last February and it was fantastic! 


One Knight - My favorite!

I can't find any good videos of my other suggestions (from Wonderland the musical) so here are some links to check out!




The above songs are just some of my favorites but I highly recommend listening to the whole soundtrack (and seeing the production if you ever get the chance!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morticia and Gomez Addams Love Song: "Rot Next to You"

Siren Call

Sally's Song and Corpse Bride Medley