Month of Love Songs Challenge Day 5

Song: Somewhere Out There
Artist: From, An American Tail

Old, cheesy, 90's cartoon movie kid enthusiasts unite!! This song is from the classic Steven Spielberg animated film Fievel: An American TailI grew up watching the "Fievel" movies. They hold a special place in my heart and the music is actually really good! I can listen to/look at this song in two ways: one, being the intended way, a song of love between family more specifically brother and sister. No matter how far apart we might be, the love that we feel for one another binds us together eternally. And that is how I feel about my family. As my siblings and I grow up and move on we have ended up in different places and don't get to see each other as often as we used to. But when we come back together (holidays, special family events, etc.) it's like nothing has changed. I love my siblings sooooo much!! They are my best friends, the people who have always been there for me. I don't know who or where I would be without them. I am grateful that we are all so close. I know not every family is this way.

Original movie version :) Too cute!!

Second, of course I view this song as a romantic, love song between two single people searching for love and for one another. Star crossed lovers if you will. When I listen to this song I think about my potential future partner, hoping and praying that he is "somewhere out there" hoping and praying he finds me too. It's cheesy, I know. This song belongs on my Single Girls Valentine Music Tribute.



Somewhere out there
Beneath the pale moonlight
Someone's thinking of me
And loving me tonight

Somewhere out there
Someone's saying a prayer
That we'll find one another
In that big somewhere out there

And even though I know how very far apart we are
It helps to think we might be wishing on the same bright star
And when the night wind starts to sing a lonesome lullaby
It helps to think we're sleeping underneath the same big sky

Somewhere out there
If love can see us through
Then we'll be together
Somewhere out there

Out where dreams come true


You get a couple extra versions because I love this song so much and there are so many beautiful, wonderful covers!

So this song is actually called Neverland Medley and it's by Kenny Loggins. I grew up listening to his Return to Pooh Corner album (which is beautiful!) and this song has always been one of my favorites! It's a medley of songs that include: Pure Imagination (from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory), Somewhere Out There (An American Tale) and Never Neverland (from the musical Peter Pan)


Peter Hollens cover!



HAPPY LOVE MONTH!
2019

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morticia and Gomez Addams Love Song: "Rot Next to You"

Siren Call

Sally's Song and Corpse Bride Medley