Chaos in Bloom Listening Party!

This is my third NEW ALBUM Listening Party in the past four months! I have been blessed with a ton of new music from three of my top five favorite artists (not to mention discovering some major "new" favorites from the ultimate artist himself, MJ! Coming soon...)! It helps bring some light to the darkness of my life.

Today, I am listening to and giving a live song-by-song reaction to the Goo Goo Dolls new album Chaos in Bloom! Let's GOO! 😉



Yeah, I Like You - Such a fun jam! This was the first single released last month. For a more in-depth "review" of my first impression for this song click here.

War - I like the lyrics of this song but...it isn't doing much for me. It's just fine. That's all I can really say about it.

Save Me From Myself - I have high hopes for this one from the name alone! Whoa, the beginning verses totally threw me off! I thought it was maybe Robbie singing but then Johnny comes roaring in - with his undeniable voice - who is singing with him!? I can't tell if it's a woman or Robbie singing really high? But there is clearly another voice there the whole time...regardless of who, I think this is my favorite track so far! The lyrics, the melody, the chorus, the message...gold star sticker for this one! ⭐

Let the Sun - Beautiful acoustic beginning. Hmmm, this one is interesting....It's pretty short and the lyrics are clearly very purposeful...not totally sure how I feel about it tbh.

Loving Life - ROBBIE! Although his voice doesn't hold a candle to Johnny's...this is a nice, uplifting, positive song. His voice has grown on me over the years. "I really hope you believe in loving life."

Going Crazy - EXPLICIT!? Come on Googs! You're better than that! This is the first song of theirs I've ever seen with an explicit warning (I'm sure it's not their first song with gross language but it's definitely mine). Dang it! I really like this one too! I hope I can find a clean version. I hate that word, it ruins everything and brings the entire song down for me. 😞 Disappointed. "Sick inside but you still see the best in me....Yeah, I'm going crazy, oh, at least I'm alive. Yeah, I better laugh if I ain't gonna cry. Don't know why, but you still see the best in me." 💜

Day After Day - Ooo, such a dramatic beginning! Loving this one so far! "All the fears came out tonight. Drew the lines in black and white. All the fictions true, they said. It's getting hard to get out of my head...All the same, day after day. The more you scream the less you say...Get me numb, I feel too much." I feel this song on a personal level. 😅🙃 The way Johnny sings the verses adds so much drama to the lyrics. It's perfect. Another favorite.

Past Mistakes - This song feels like a personal attack, lol 😅 It's a little too accurate and personal, for real. It's the complete opposite of the first Robbie song from the album, lol. "But what goes on inside, we'll never know. You're past mistakes and tragedies exposed." 👊 to the gut my guy, back off, haha.

You Are the Answer - This one is so calming and beautiful! "Your only crime, is being alive, you know you aren't alone. You are the answer you've been looking for." 😭💜 "The world is crazy again. She said, "it's never been sane!" FACTS. "Here we are, you and me, trying to make the changes. And I believe I can see a better time." 🖤 For another "in-depth" review, see here

Superstar - Aww, Johnny 😍 This is so sweet. And the perfect way to close such a creative, emotional album! This is a beautiful love song...I wish I had someone to share it with. "You were the answer to some prayer that I forgot to say." 


I'm always sad when I reach the last song. This album is slightly eclectic and all over the place but in a perfect way! I really enjoyed most every song....a few will need to grow on me and some will probably become "skip" songs but that's OK! The stand out tracks for me that I'll be going back to are: Save Me From Myself, Day After Day, You Are the Answer and possibly Going Crazy 😬 Hopefully I can find a clean version! If not, I'll just always be prepared to mute that part. 

I love the Goo Goo Dolls! Johnny's voice is iconic and will forever be one of my favorite voices in rock history! I love having these live listening parties - with myself and my blog, lol. I so wish I could have seen them live! 😭 I'm still kicking myself for not getting tickets. I hope they come back again soon because I will definitely be going! The Goo Goo Dolls always make me feel allll the feels. Thanks for another great soundtrack for my life guys! Keep on rocking! 🤘


For more live-reaction-first-impression Listening Parties of 2022 see below! 
And fingers crossed we get a couple more of these "parties" with Michael Jackson's Thriller 40 coming out in November with *NEW* never released songs!! AND hopefully 🤞 new Christmas tunes from Pentatonix! If that happens, I will have gotten *BRAND NEW* music from all my favorite artists this year alone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morticia and Gomez Addams Love Song: "Rot Next to You"

Siren Call

Sally's Song and Corpse Bride Medley