Meet the Moonlight Listening Party!!

Today's the day!! 

Jack Johnson's highly anticipated new album Meet the Moonlight has dropped and I'm having a LIVE first reaction listening party!!

LET'S GOOO!

Open Mind - This song is so "Jack Johnson" and I love it! 🤍 Nice and mellow and laid back with a hard hitting message that I can't help but think it feels relevant about another thing that went down today...A couple lines that stuck out to me: "Some nights I can fall for hope, but some I can't sleep." Some days I feel hopeful and ready to take on the world and some days...I'm so depressed I can't get out of bed until noon. Last night I went to bed feeling so sad. I think tonight I'll be inspired enough to "fall for hope!" after listening to this album all day! 😊 "An open mind stuck between hope and doubt. Don't try to make sense of it, it don't work out." His lyrics are so poetic! What a beautiful start to what I can already tell is going to be an incredible album! 

3 AM Radio - W-o-w I love this!! 🤍 It's so different and cool and deep! I'll be going back to this one often.

Calm Down - The beginning of this song sounds like the beach! 🏖🌅 It's calling to me, telling me I need to move to Hawaii and relax! My new go-to destress song! It's so catchy and breezy and happy and relaxing and gives me all the good vibes! One million times better than that stupid Taylor Swift song of a similar name...no political posturing and virtue signaling here, just nice, happy feels everyone and anyone can enjoy! 😎

One Step Ahead - Obsessed with this song!!💓 Had it going through my mind when I woke up this morning, haha. Definitely a stand out! "If not a lot has changed but everything is changing." ... "Never mind all the noise going through your head." 

Meet the Moonlight - It's like a lullaby! So soothing and gorgeous! Makes me want to go lie outside under the stars and moon while listening to this song and just soak up the summer. 🌙 "It's good not to miss too many chances to follow love." 😍 

Don't Look Now - Ooooo!! 😃 This song is so catchy and fun!! I love it!! Everything from the melody, the lyrics and his voice (😍) is perfection!! Bravo!! 👏

Costume Party - I FEEL this song!! Ugh! Every song has been so good it sounds like a classic Jack Johnson album already!! And this is my very first listen!! Brilliant musician.

I Tend To Digress - I'm just sounding repetitive! This man is a genius and an amazing songwriter! Beautiful, clean, simple, deep, thoughtful. His music inspires me. I am feeling inspired right now! I am feeling like I'm done wasting my time, I want to live. Truly, live. To wake up each day and appreciate everything around me. I'm loving every single song from this album! 🌙✨

Windblown Eyes - Already love the title! 🤍 The groove of this song!! It's so cool!! 👌 "I pulled the cold out of the dark and I poured the darkness on the light." ... "Don't we all dissolve into the night only to wake up in the morning untied?" Every day is a new day 🌻 "How do I let go of yesterday and yet to be?" BARZ!

Any Wonder - The last song!! 😭😭 How is it already OVER!? It feels like it just started! I have been loving this!! Here we go, about to hear the last song for the first time with fresh ears. Every other time will be a repeat... This is stunning! Chills on chills on chills! "Morning comes and goes. I can't hold on to now. It's so hard to let go, maybe I don't know how. My shadow gets so long. And I get lost somehow." 😭💓 It makes me think of the song Truth by Taylor Hanson. Not in sound necessarily but it's basically just a guitar and a vocal; it's so real and raw and passionate. Man, I loved this! Beautiful song to close with! 🌙✨🤍

This album is 10/10! It's basically perfection start to finish! Every song flows into the next so effortlessly. Jack Johnson is an amazing musician and human being. He is the the coolest dude who consistently makes solid, beautiful, inspiring music without fail! It was worth the 5 year wait! He just gets better and better. So blessed to have this new music in my life! I can already tell some of these will become "theme songs" for me.🖤

This is my summer album of 2022! 🤍 I will be listening to it non-stop all summer long not only for the good vibes, but in preparation to hear them all live in September! I can not WAIT! 🙌🤍🖤 

Thank you for this little gem Jack! 🙏 I love your heart and soul! Aloha! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morticia and Gomez Addams Love Song: "Rot Next to You"

Siren Call

Sally's Song and Corpse Bride Medley