Hanson Month '24 Re-Cap!

I've neglected blogging for quite some time...I don't know why. I just haven't felt very motivated. But I had the absolute BEST month celebrating HANSON that I just had to come share my thoughts, new finds and admiration for this band I have been loving for the past 10 years!! 🤯💓

First up, this brand new song I discovered!! It's one of many songs that didn't make the Underneath album and I am in LOVE!! It was so exciting to find something old but new like this!! I've been fangirling HARD over it for the past several weeks!!

Sun & Sky
Taylor's vocals are killing me softly...😍 The lyric "A wishing tree" is a little cheesy but Taylor's vocal is so dang good I don't even care!


A wishing tree, I asked for you
Taking a moment from midnight
You won't remember but I do
Take me home, it's only me
Trading the shadows for sunlight
Can't control what you can't see

So just let go
Right now you're mine
We'll make nothing everything
Hold this moment
Take your time

Just you and me and you
Just you and the sun and the sky
Just you and me and you
Just you and the sun and the sky

Darkness falls, daylight fades
Let's keep this secret moment
Keep on dreaming till morning breaks

So just let go
Right now you're mine
We'll make nothing everything
Hold this moment
Take your time

Just you and me and you
Just you and the sun and the sky
Just you and me and you
Just you and the sun and the sky

The nowhere road still leads somewhere
Turn the cover, see what's there

So just let go
Right now you're mine
We'll make nothing everything
Hold this moment
Take your time

Just you and me and you
Just you and the sun and the sky
Just you and me and you
Just you and the sun and the sky



Re-watching literally EVERYTHING from/about Hanson from the time they were tiny to now was such an amazing experience! This sounds silly, but I can't help think "I'm so proud of them!" every time I watch an interview or listen to the next album/EP. They are special. 💗

Listening to EVERY SINGLE album, single, EP, compilation, unreleased song, etc. IN ORDER has also been a magical experience! They're music just gets better but ALL of it is so good! They are the BEST!

HANSON DAY 2024 was my favorite Hanson Day (besides 2017 obviously)! Everything was just SO GOOD!! 🤩 The new EP, Time Machine, is my current obsession. I listen to the entire thing at least once every day! It's my summer JAM! Obsessed. The concerts were SO MUCH FUN; the FOMO was real! I wish I had been there in person 😭😭 Next year 🤞 HTP Live was awesome! Zac was cracking me up as usual 😂, the fan-club reporters were awesome and asked great questions, Taylor was the sweetest to every person who came on stage....he just seems like the nicest human EVER! And Isaac was...Isaac! Sweet, dorky, funny, deep and thoughtful. I love him so much! 💚 Every day I had something to look forward to and Hanson DID NOT disappoint.

THEY ANNOUNCED AN UPCOMING TOUR IN THE FALL IN HONOR OF THE 20TH ANNIVERSARY OF UNDERNEATH AND GOING INDEPENDENT!!! 🤩🙌😭💙🙏 I hope and pray I get to go see them as this album in what made me a fan and is so incredibly special to me!! I HAVE to go!! 🙏🤞😭 I started crying when they talked about the upcoming tour and then sang Strong Enough to Break (just one of the best songs EVER!) and Underneath. I was crying from pure gratitude to know this band and the way their music has quite literally saved me and gotten me through so much. I've NEVER cried from pure gratitude like that before. It didn't help that it came right after the most emotional solo show ever thanks to Isaac's incredible rendition of Hallelujah/Amazing Grace - where he was too choked up to sing half the time but the audience had his back and filled in for him....so magical! ✨ And then Taylor's With You in Your Dreams solo. I'll never not cry listening to that song. 🖤🤍💔 I also cried because I could feel their genuine love and passion for music and gratitude for us, the fans. They are the most humble, genuine musicians I have ever seen. I just love this band so much and I was reminded why throughout this entire month! 


This cover of the Doobie Brother's What A Fool Believes that they performed on May 21st at the Grammy's Hall of Fame gala! They KILLED it, unsurprisingly. I am in love with all of their voices! Every time they do something like this I'm just like "What!? Stop! That was SO GOOD!! HOW are they SO GOOD!?!?" They need to release a studio recording of the song now....



He came from somewhere back in her long ago
The sentimental fool don't see
Tryin' hard to recreate
What had yet to be created once in her life
She musters a smile
For his nostalgic tale
Never coming near what he wanted to say
Only to realize
It never really was

She had a place in his life
He never made her think twice
As he rises to her apology
Anybody else would surely know
He's watching her go

But what a fool believes he sees
No wise man has the power to reason away
What seems to be
Is always better than nothing
And nothing at all keeps sending him...

Somewhere back in her long ago
Where he can still believe there's a place in her life
Someday, somewhere, she will return

She had a place in his life
He never made her think twice
As he rises to her apology
Anybody else would surely know
He's watching her go

But what a fool believes he sees
No wise man has the power to reason away
What seems to be
Is always better than nothing
There's nothing at all
But what a fool believes he sees...


Original song for comparisons sake. I'd never heard it before but after listening to Hanson's cover and loving it, I looked up the original 😁 Thanks to Hanson being amazing at covering songs so well, they've introduced me to a lot of songs I'd never heard before and now love.



Needless to say....it's been a FANTASTIC MONTH of HANSON BLISS!!! 😍 

THANK YOU FOR BEING MY HAPPY PLACE! Especially right now, when it feels like my world is falling apart and everything is changing....your music is the one constant I can hold on too and never fails to put a smile on my face! I'm blessed for knowing you! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morticia and Gomez Addams Love Song: "Rot Next to You"

Siren Call

Sally's Song and Corpse Bride Medley