HANSON DAY 2017!!!

I have procrastinated writing this post because honestly, I have no words. Hanson Day 2017 was hands-down one of the BEST experiences/weekends/trips of my entire LIFE!!! I had the most AMAZING. FANTASTIC, SPECTACULAR TIME!!! Things could not have gone better! I had a BLAST! Hanson Day was better than I could have ever imagined!! I'm still having major withdrawals (and it's been TWO WEEKS!). I want to go back!!! I will cherish these memories and pictures for a life time! It was a dream! I have no words!

In a nutshell, here is the gist of my trip. There is no way I can even begin to try to describe the pure bliss and sheer JOY I felt. I am so incredibly grateful to have had experienced this adventure! That my sweet and amazing sister sacrificed so much to go with me. We both agreed this was one of our favorite road trips EVER! I will never, ever forget it!! All of my silly doubts and worries were the imaginations of an anxious girl who has never taken a risk. And now that I have, I feel like I can do anything! Hanson was so worth every fear, every doubt, all the money, the tears from the night before I left, everything! It was all worth it. I would do it all again just to re-live that night! I love this band more than ever!! I feel changed.

I flew on a plane ALONE (I even had a layover) and it was as smooth as silk!
I had a blast driving with my sister, listening to music, talking about life and getting caught up, laughing and even freaking out together when we were almost caught in a tornado!!
Sitting in an underground tornado shelter with my sister. We laugh so hard about all of this now!
Finally reaching our hotel (2 hours late!) and hearing music playing from OUR room....needless to say we got a new room, lol
Registration took two seconds and I got my EP!!
Meeting the nicest, sweetest fans in line for the "Group Photos" who made us laugh and feel even more excited!
MEETING HANSON!!!! SHAKING THEIR HANDS, HAVING THEM LOOK INTO MY EYEBALLS AND SPEAK DIRECTLY TO ME AND THEN BEING BRAVE AND SPEAKING TO TAYLOR!!!! I told him it was my first Hanson Day AND Hanson concert!!! THEY WERE SO NICE!!!! I LOVE THEM!!!
Standing in line for the "I Heart Hanson Store" for almost 2 hours, in the pouring rain
Creating an umbrella "shelter" with our new "Fanson friends" :)
Buying a Hanson shirt and pin and getting a FREE Hanson shirt and Hanson stickers, lol
Eating at a delicious local restaurant Mexicali. The "avocado fries" were delish!
The "lectures" aka "Acoustic Storytellers" blew my mind!!! They were FANTASTIC live, they were funny and sweet and my sister was super impressed with their talent!!! It was HEAVEN!!! They sang Strong Enough to Break which is my most favorite Hanson song ever!! Yearbook gave me chills. With You In Your Dreams was the highlight of the night!! I will never be the same after hearing them sing that one live! Been There Before with the lights and the audience participation was incredible!! Taylor SLAYED Save Me especially with the opening line "Loving you!" I died!! They sang the extra verse in A Song to Sing!!! Just such a magical night!












Eating a big, delicious "Hanson" chocolate cookie at the bakery
Driving back to our hotel in the coolest lighting storm ever!
Eating leftovers in my bed while watching TV with my sister and going to sleep the happiest I have ever been :)
The next morning we wore our new Hanson shirts
We walked around downtown Tulsa and took plenty of selfies in front of all the beautiful murals
We talked to some other nice fans while waiting to take The Walk!
ZAC, TAYLOR and ISAAC WALKED RIGHT PAST US!!!
My sister and I are walking machines and made our way from the very back of the group to the front RIGHT NEXT TO TAYLOR!!!
WE GOT A PICTURE WITH TAYLOR HANSON!!!
He even looked back for us when he got pushed away by other fans because he had promised us a picture! He was so sweet!! Especially since when my sister first took the picture I wasn't ready and I may have sort of freaked out a little bit. Taylor was the sweetest and said "That's OK, we can take another one!" I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER!!!
I was standing RIGHT NEXT TO TAYLOR as he gave his Walk-inspired speech
My sister is a big TAYLOR fan now and LOVED what he had to say. She thinks he is an exceptional human being and even said "Taylor inspires me to be a better person!"
We went to the "Art Gallery and Hanson History" Even though the line took forever it was so cool, epseically the Hanson History!!
We got the cutest photos taken in front of the MMMBop flower!!
We ate at another local Tulsa resteraunt called Caz's Chowhouse
We got in line for the concert and saw Taylor and Isaac drive by in a golf cart
The premiere of the most adorable music video for "I Was Born!" It is PERFECTION!! The inspiring lyrics of the song coupled with the innocence and optimism of children who believe in their dreams and do what they love struck a chord with me that hasn't left my heart. I feel so INSPIRED!
ALSO: HANSON WILL BE HAVING CHRISTMAS CONCERTS IN HONOR OF THE RELEASE OF THEIR NEW CHRISTMAS ALBUM: Finally, It's Christmas!!!!!!!!
THE CONCERT WAS EPIC!!!! IT WAS PURE MAGIC!! I think one of the best parts was being there in this huge group of people who were just as excited as I was and who I could sing along with and everyone knew all the words and Hanson was so on point and it was just the most fantastic concert!! The new songs were all performed flawlessly! Somebody That Wants to Love You & I Don't Wanna Go Home are my JAM!! Favorites! White Collar Crime was a BLAST!!! Hearing that song live exceeds the album version by 1000%! Dance Like You Don't Care and Roller Coaster Love were so much fun!!! And the encore performance of This Time Around was AHHHH-MAZING!! Hanson can do no wrong I tell you!













It was hard to leave but we did a little sight-seeing after the show.
We visited the "Center of the Universe" and the "Golden Driller" statue
McDonald's and stories in bed with my sister ended the night on the sweetest note :)
Instead of the going to the "Hop Jam" (and seeing Hanson again :( we went to church :) Which was a really sweet experience and I'm glad we chose to go. The church is true!
We drove in beautiful sunshine and even took a detour through the Ozarks to see some beautiful nature! I love nature!!!
We blasted and sang our hearts out to "I Don't Wanna Go Home!" It was the funnest "car-singing" I have ever done!
My sisters husband had dinner ready for us when we got back. Bacon-wrapped chicken legs (that's right, I said bacon) and baked potatoes.
I cried that night. The realtiy that my trip had already come to an end hit me and the floodgates were open!
I ate lunch with my sister at the school she works at. Then I hugged her good-bye (and barely held in my tears)
My brother in law drove me to the airport
I flew home
Trip over :( But the memories I have made will last a lifetime!!


I still haven't removed my Hanson Day wristband. I can't bring myself to do it! I had the "BEST of Times!" The word I have used every time someone asks me how my trip was is: MAGICAL. Because I feel that word perfectly captures the feeling that was there the entire duration of my trip. It was pure magic! I truly didn't want to leave! From the music, to the food, to the people and most especially sharing this experience with my sister, it was MAGICAL!! It felt like Disneyland! I was the happiest I have been in a long, long time. One of the best parts was, not ONCE did I feel anxious or depressed. I smiled non-stop! I laughed! I sang my heart out! I fist-pumped! I was FREE. The anxieties and sadness that seem to always follow me around, was gone. It was so freeing! I felt so happy! I'm getting choked up writing this and remembering that feeling. I hope I can hold onto it and bottle it up so I can use it the next time those old, dark feelings try to come back. I'm also proud of myself! I conquered my fear of flying and traveling alone! I know I can do it now! I was able to talk and actually have conversations with me people and not feel stupid! That was magical. I could even start conversations! It was easy to look people in the eye, have a genuine smile on my face and have a conversation with people! That is something that has never come easy for me. My sister even noticed that and mentioned it to me :) Also, my sister coming to love, respect and appreciate Hanson to almost the same extent that I do, is AWESOME!! :)

I will NEVER forget this experience! It was more than I could have asked or dreamed it to be!! It was perfect. And you better believe I'm planning on Hanson Day 2018!! This is a new annual thing for me and sister who is a new Fanson! Besides, I've got to go back and take my other sister with me! She has to experience the magic too! It would be so unfair for her to miss out on this opportunity. Hey, I'm just helping a Fanson out ;)



HANSON DAY 2017, YOU ARE ONE FOR THE BOOKS!!
I WILL NEVER, EVER FORGET IT!!
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!

THANK YOU TO THE INCREDIBLE PEOPLE I MET AND TALKED TO!! THANK YOU FOR BEING SO KIND AND MAKING ME FEEL SO WELCOMED!!

THANK YOU TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO WORKED TIRELESSLY TO MAKE THIS EVENT POSSIBLE!!

A HUGE THANK YOU TO HANSON FOR ALL THAT THEY DID AND ALWAYS DO FOR US CRAZY FANSONS!! NEVER CHANGE AND NEVER STOP!!

AND ESPECIALLY, THANK YOU TO MY SWEET SISTER FOR GOING WITH ME!!! YOUR ADVENTUROUS SPIRIT AND OUTGOING PERSONALITY HELPED ME STAY EXCITED, POSITIVE AND HAPPY THE ENTIRE TIME!!!

DREAMS COME TRUE!!!
FANSON 4 LIFE!!!




Looking back on these posts make me SMILE!! I accomplished a goal/bucket list dream I've had since 2014. I wish I could go back in time and tell myself "You're going to get there! You get to go! And you're going to have the TIME OF YOUR LIFE!! Be patient. It's worth it! It's worth everything! All the fear you're going to feel right up to the night before, the doubts and worry and depressed, angry thoughts, ignore them. Because this is worth it!!!"


HAPPY HANSON WEEK 2015!
HAPPY HANSON WEEK 2015 RE-CAP!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morticia and Gomez Addams Love Song: "Rot Next to You"

Siren Call

Sally's Song and Corpse Bride Medley