Creep

Song: Creep
Artist: Radiohead, covered by Pentatonix

HAPPY ONE WEEK TO HALLOWEEN DAY!!!
 πŸŽƒπŸ‘»πŸ•·πŸ•ΈπŸ§ΉπŸ§›πŸ§Ÿ

This has been a pretty GREAT month for me! I've been able to do quite a few fun, festive fall/Halloween activities throughout the month; went to a Pumpkin Patch πŸŽƒ, went through a corn maze 🌽, I've eaten/drunk TONS of pumpkin spice things (doughnut, oatmeal, smoothie, muffins, caramels, cereal, Egg Nog, Frosty, etc.) πŸŽƒ, decorated a Halloween Gingerbread House, gone on tons of fall walks and bike rides 🚲, listened to the music from my Halloween Playlist all month long, done some "spooky" crafts, gone to my favorite Halloween stores, viewed fun Halloween displays and have definitely scared myself by watching lots of Halloween movies and reading Halloween-inspired books! πŸ˜‚ 

Last week, I was a little down in the dumps and feeling depressed, despite all the fun I've been having. I hate when I get like that for seemingly no reason! But today, I feel like I've hit a re-start button. I'm feeling much happier and better than I have for days! I had the most lovely morning! I rode my bike to a nearby park that is absolutely STUNNING right now!! The leaves were all different shades of brilliant gold and yellows, flaming reds and oranges and few green stragglers still holding on. πŸπŸ‚ I took a TON of pictures! I spent some time sitting on a bench next to a babbling brook doing some scripture study (something I neglected all last week. It felt like coming home after a long, tiring trip reading from my scriptures' again 🧑). Then I took a little walk around the park where I snapped my photos, crunching through fallen leaves while listening to the Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack. It made me so happy! The weather was crisp, sunny and warm in the high 50's. It felt SO GOOD!! Then I sat and read from my newest book selection Hallowe'en Party by Agatha Christy. It was such a beautiful morning and I couldn't help but thank my Heavenly Father for this perfect day! I feel very blessed. πŸ™ I was living my best, fall-aesthetic life today! πŸ§‘πŸ˜‚ I even came home and drank some Tomato Basil soup from a pumpkin mug! #autumngrl 

Anyway. I just had to share my glorious fall morning! Today's song is brought to you from some of my faves, PTX, who of course, are already promoting their new Christmas music(!) but that's waaaaayyy too soon for me! I appreciate that they've had a handful of "spooky" tunes for me to enjoy during this time of year. They performed this current song selection when they competed on The Masked Singer! And then got eliminated because that stupid show is RIGGED I tell you!! πŸ˜‘ Hanson AND Pentatonix!?! You're telling me, two incredibly talented groups who have always THRIVED performing live thanks to their insane vocal chops and ability to harmonize like literal angels, DIDN'T WIN?? πŸ˜• #RIGGED!! Why I keep watching this show is beyond me...but I can't help it! I'm watching the most current season now, lol! I still think it's fun even if I find myself eye-rolling through their obvious biases each season.

ANYWAY, another tangent. Sorry about that. This song is perfect for this most cReEpY and sPoOkY time of year! The smoky, intimate vocals give it an eerie and "creepy" vibe altogether! Much more so than the original (see below). And honestly, between the shows, movies and books I have found myself willingly watching and reading in order to feel that Halloween "thrill-scare" all month long (Wednesday, Sixth Sense, Magic Lessons, Rebecca & now Hallowe'en Party...not to mention listening to the entire Sweeny Todd soundtrack!! 😱 Still not over it. )...I sorta feel like a "creep" myself! 😜


When you were here before
I couldn't look you in the eye
You're just like an angel
Your skin makes me cry
You float like a feather
In a beautiful world
You're so very special
I wish I was special

But I'm a creep
I'm a weirdo
What the hell am I doin' here?
I don't belong here

I don't care if it hurts
(No)
I wanna have control
I want a perfect body
I want a perfect soul (soul soul)
I want you to notice
When I'm not around (not around)
So very special
(So very special)
I wish I was special

She's running out the door
She's running out
She run, run, run, run
Run Run Run Run
She's running out
Ooooo

I don't belong here



Masked Singer performance!

Unmasked performance 😀



Original version


JUST CREEPIN' IT REAL! 🧟😜
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morticia and Gomez Addams Love Song: "Rot Next to You"

Siren Call

Sally's Song and Corpse Bride Medley