HALLOWEEN 2020!!

Song: Spooky Scary Skeletons
Artist(s): Andrew Gold (original), Undead Tombstone Remix, LVCRFT & Peter Hollens

HAPPY HALLOWEEEEEEEEENNNNNN!!!!
πŸŽƒπŸ’€πŸ‘»πŸ•·πŸ•ΈπŸ§ΉπŸ‘ΉπŸ‘ΎπŸ˜ˆπŸ‘½

I can't believe it's finally Halloween!!! I feel like I've been waiting for Halloween to get here for forever but at the same time I'm feeling like... "It's already here!?" This has been a looooooong and truly, at times "frightening" month for me in a myriad of ways (most notably dealing with extreme stress and anxiety after a family member tested positive for Corona!). But it's also been a super fun and "scary" good month (family reunited!). I was able to successfully celebrate the Halloween season in a few, different, fun ways (went to a corn maze - haven't done that in years, saw a Halloween Light/Firework show, watched loads of Halloween movies/shows/videos, listened to all of my Halloween music (multiple times!) and just finished up having another successful dessert/costume/pumpkin-themed Halloween!! Pics below!

Today's final song is brought to you in FOUR different ways! I listened to all four versions during "Spooktober" and couldn't decide which I liked best! So you get them all!


Andrew Gold - OG version

Of course I have to begin with the original version! It's a classic! The video is set to Walt Disney's 1929 short Silly Symphonies: The Skeleton Dance


Spooky, scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight

Spooky, scary skeletons
Speak with such a screech
You'll shake and shudder in surprise
When you hear these zombies shriek

We're so sorry, skeletons
You're so misunderstood
You only want to socialize
But I don't think we should

'Cause spooky, scary skeletons
Shout startling shrilly screams
They'll sneak from their sarcophagus
And just won't leave you be

Spirits supernatural
Are shy, what's all the fuss?
But bags of bones seem so unsafe
It's semi-serious

Spooky, scary skeletons
Are silly all the same
They'll smile and scrabble slowly by
And drive you so insane

Sticks and stones will break your bones
They seldom let you snooze
Spooky, scary skeletons
Will wake you with a BOO!




Andrew Gold (Undead Tombstone Remix)

This was on my Apple Music Halloween Party Playlist and I think it's just a lot of fun!



LVCRFT

Not gonna lie, probably my favorite! This version is brought to you by the same folks who gave us one of my newest favorite Halloween classics, Take It to the Graveyard, from last year! They are GOOD when it comes to "sPoOkY" music! Plus, it was the "theme song" for Freeform's "31 Nights of Halloween!"



Peter Hollens

Again, not gonna lie, probably my least favorite version.... not because it's bad, I just prefer the others! But I do love me some Peter!



I had a fun (if a bit long and stressful) day! I love when I am able to coordinate my costume with my pumpkin and with, what has become an annual tradition since Thriller (which started it ALL 5 YEARS ago!), dessert display! This year I was inspired by a MONSTER.... but he's the silliest monster around with the biggest sweet tooth... COOKIEπŸͺMONSTER! It took me all day long to bake/decorate my Cookie Monster inspired desserts, but it's always worth it at the end of the day, when I get to settle down, eat my hard work and watch Thriller with the fam (another tradition that began all those years ago... that was a good day!)!

Well, I would say this has been another successful year of Halloween Inspired Music here at Music Is My Therapy! I think I shared the most songs I ever have this season since I did a bonus post and shared multiple songs in one post a couple of times! There are a total of 97 SONGS on my Halloween Playlist! Plus MORE since some of my posts double up on songs! I HAVE OVER 100 SONGS FOR YOU TO LISTEN TO ALL SPOOKTOBER LONG!!! Can't believe I've just completed my 6th year of sharing Halloween tunes! 😱 Now THAT'S truly "terrifying!" 



HALLOWEEN 2020 IS ONE FOR THE BOOKS!!
IT WAS A "SCARY" GOOD DAY!
CAN'T WAIT TO DO IT ALL AGAIN NEXT YEAR!
SO, ONE LAST TIME....

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!
2020!
πŸŽƒπŸ’€πŸ‘»πŸ•·πŸ•ΈπŸ§Ή
UNTIL 2021!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morticia and Gomez Addams Love Song: "Rot Next to You"

Siren Call

Sally's Song and Corpse Bride Medley