Grateful For Music Challenge Day 7

Song: The Prayer
Artist: Josh Groban feat. Charlotte Church

Gotta keep the tradition going, am I right? ;) If you are unaware, since I started the Grateful For Music Challenge clear back in 2015 I have posted a Josh Groban song on the 7th every year! And for some reason, November is Josh Groban music month for me. I just get the urge and desire to listen to that angelic voice also known as Josh Groban, all month long! And that is why it's so fun for me to post a song by him today (and for all November 7th's to come!).

I have also started doing what I did with Hanson in May, Jack Johnson in June, Pentatonix in July and MJ (that began and is still an ongoing endeavor) in August .... which is I am planning on listening to all of the Josh Groban albums in chronological order! I just love hearing the "evolution" of the artist! From the sound of their voice to the style of their music, it's really fun! I highly recommend this. Pick one of your favorite artists, do a little research and go listen to everything you can find that they have put out, in order.

Now for the actual song of the day! It makes me laugh every time I listen to this song because the first time I ever heard it was in the film Quest For Camelot! A favorite childhood movie of mine. Years later I heard Josh Groban's cover. I assumed that this song was used in the movie, but was originally by someone else, like maybe Josh. I just recently found out that this song originates from this movie!! It was written and first sung (by Celine Dion) in the movie Quest For Camelot! How funny is that!? I have heard multiple covers by various artists over the years sing this beautiful song and it makes me laugh that it comes from a hilarious, cheesy, 90's cartoon movie that I grew up loving!

The song is gorgeous with a sweet and tender message that I absolutely LOVE! I am grateful for the memories I have associated with this song :) And that it comes from a favorite childhood film. Still makes me laugh! It's just sooooo different from all of the other songs in the movie! This one is gorgeous and almost reverent sounding while the others are more on the silly side .... though to be honest, this movie has some really great music overall! You should check it out, really!

First time I ever heard this song!

Lyrics from the movie version:

I pray you'll be my eyes
 And watch her where she goes
 And help her to be wise
 Help me to let go

 Every mother's prayer
 Every child knows
 Lead her to a place
 Guide her with your grace
 To a place where she'll be safe

 Lead her to a place
 Guide her with your grace
 To a place where she'll be safe


I pray you'll be our eyes
And watch us where we go
And help us to be wise
In times when we don't know

Let this be our prayer
As we go our way
Lead us to a place
Guide us with your Grace
To a place where we'll be safe

La luce che tu dai
I pray we'll find your light
Nel cuore restera
And hold it in our hearts
A ricordarci che
When stars go out each night
L'eterna stella sei

Nella mia preghiera
Let this be our prayer
Quanta fede c'e
When shadows fill our day

Lead us to a place
Guide us with your grace
Give us faith so we'll be safe.

Sogniamo un mondo senza piu violenza
Un mondo di giustizia e di speranza
Ognuno dia la mano al suo vicino
Simbolo di pace e di fraternita

La forza che ci dai
We ask that life be kind
E'il desiderio che
And watch us from above
Ognuno trovi amore
We hope each soul will find
Intorno e dentro a se
Another soul to love

Let this be our prayer
(Let this be our prayer)
Just like every child
(Just like every child)

Needs to find a place,
Guide us with your grace
Give us faith so we'll be safe

E la fede che
Hai acceso in noi
Sento che ci salvera


Below are a few additional versions/covers of The Prayer:


Celine Dion's full version from the Quest For Camelot soundtrack :)

Celine Dion & Andrea Bocelli

Celine & Josh
I love the story she shares at the beginning of the video! Josh is AMAZING!

David Archuleta & Nathan Pacheco



All Josh Groban songs through the Grateful For Music Challenge years:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morticia and Gomez Addams Love Song: "Rot Next to You"

Siren Call

Sally's Song and Corpse Bride Medley