Grateful For Music Challenge Day 19

Song: Your Hideaway
Artist: Josh Groban

To the woman who introduced me to Josh Groban and his beautiful music, 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!! 🥳🎂

Seriously, its thanks to my mom that I know and love Josh Groban and his breathtaking music. I'm not sure how she was introduced to him, but she's played his albums for as long as I can remember (at least since 2001 😉). Josh Groban CD's were also a "go to" birthday gift for my mom over the years (another reason I associate him and his music with November so much...he seemed to always be releasing his new albums during this month!). 

Today's song is one I discovered this year, a week ago, even though it was released in 2013!! It's GOREGOUS!! 😍 I've been obsessed! See, my excessive, over the top tendency to go listen to every single thing I can find from one of my favorite artists always pays off as I'm constantly discovering hidden gems like this!! I love the style, message, lyrics EVERYTHING about this song! This has been one of my favorite things this month!! I debated about saving it for my Month of Love Songs challenge because it's soooo romantic, but I couldn't resist sharing it now!! I hope I can find someone who will feel about me the way these lyrics describe!! 💓 

I am grateful for my mother and her love of music that she passed down to me. I can appreciate so many different genres, styles and even decades of music because of her. I am also grateful that time after time, my mom is my constant and consistent "hideaway." She is a safe place to go to when I am feeling overwhelmed and down on myself or afraid of the world. She's always there to talk to and to comfort me. She has the biggest heart of anyone I know and is always helping, loving and serving those around her, especially her family. The sacrifices I have seen from her this year alone reminds me time and time again how special she is and how lucky I am to have her!!I love you so much mom!!! 💕😭💖 So glad we get to celebrate YOU today!! And I can't wait to have a Josh Groban Closer 20th Anniversary edition listening party with you!! 😉💗


The sun is setting in your quiet eyes
You take for granted what we've always seen inside
You run in circles
And you don't know how
You got to this place
But you sure do live there now

And I won't blame you if you fall
And I won't ask you to believe that life won't hurt at all
When the tears stream down your face
And you've given all your light away
I'd like to be the safest place
Your hideaway

The fear keeps coming back to you in waves
When you catch the wrong side of the same mistakes you've made
You're tuning out because it hurts too much to try
You're giving up before you've had your chance to fly

And I won't blame you if you fall
And I won’t ask you to believe that life won't hurt at all
But when the tears stream down your face
And you've given all your light away I'd liked to be the safest place
Your hideaway, Your hideaway
And here comes the rain

When you've given all your light away I'd like to be the safest place
I will close the doors and lock the gates
And give to you my safest place
Your hideaway
Your hideaway

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morticia and Gomez Addams Love Song: "Rot Next to You"

Siren Call

Sally's Song and Corpse Bride Medley