Gollum's Song

Song: Gollum's Song
Artist(s): Emiliana Torrini & Peter Hollens

Whew! 😅 So relieved to be done with Sweeny Todd...that was a hard one for me to get through! Do you like how dramatic I'm being, as if I had no choice in the matter?? I literally CHOSE to share those songs and I'm sitting here acting like Sweeny was holding a razor to my throat forcing me to share his dark story to my innocent little blog here...ew!! 😖 Too much?? YES.

I started the week saying I was going to focus on "spooky" music inspired by musicals...but I've got nothing for today! So, instead of musical inspired "spooky" songs, I've decided to go with a movie inspired "spooky" song that has been on my radar for a long time.

I've been a fan of the Lord of the Rings movies forever!! My whole family loves them. I'm sure it will come as no surprise when I tell you I was quite scared of Gollum upon my first viewing of The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. 😅 Hey, I was like 11! Leave me alone! 😤 I've always been a pansy when it's come to anything even remotely "scary" and Gollum definitely fits that bill! He's CREEPY okay!? He's slimy and gross with a weird, creepy voice. 😖 I just don't like him! This song is beautiful though and very haunting, giving those PERFET "Halloween time vibes!" This woman's voice is excellent for spooky season...very soft and mysterious, almost "ghost-like" as a way to describe it. I've also included Peter Hollen's version because...it's Peter Hollens and he's been making appearances here during Spooky Season for years! Also because I love all of his "Misty Mountain" song covers!



Where once was light
Now darkness falls
Where once was love
Love is no more

Don't say - goodbye
Don't say - I didn't try...

These tears we cry
Are falling rain
For all the lies
You told us
The hurt, the blame!

And we will weep
To be so alone
We are lost!
We can never go home

So in the end
I will be - what I will be
No loyal friend
Was ever there for me

Now we say - goodbye
We say - you didn't try...

These tears you cry
Have come too late
Take back the lies
The hurt, the blame!

And you will weep
When you face the end alone
You are lost!
You can never go home

You are lost!
You can never go home


CHECK OUT THAT THUMBNAIL!! 😱😱 TERRIFYING!! WHAT NIGHTMARES ARE MADE OF!!


YOU ARE LOST...YOU CAN NEVER GO HOME!😨😞


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morticia and Gomez Addams Love Song: "Rot Next to You"

Siren Call

Sally's Song and Corpse Bride Medley