#GunReformNOW! #Protectourchildren!

I don't have much to say because I just want to cry. In a little less than two weeks there have been two mass shootings in the United States. I'm sick. I'm afraid. I'm upset. But I'm mostly just so sad. This isn't fair and it isn't right. Those children didn't deserve this. Those people in Buffalo didn't deserve this. And what makes all of this even more disturbing is that both of the shooters were 18 year old boys. 18 years old. That's the same age as my youngest brother. It's too young. What is happening to our youth that leads them to this? Where is this hate and violence coming from?

I've always wanted to defend the second amendment of the Constitution and the right to bear arms but there needs to be changes. I know it won't stop people from obtaining guns, but we can at least make it more difficult can't we? Harder to get hold of a deadly weapon? I don't know what the right thing to do is. I don't know the right answers. All I know is that I'm sick of this and I'm afraid. I'm afraid for my life. I'm afraid for my family. This could happen anywhere and to anyone. We shouldn't have to live afraid of going to the grocery store. To send our children to school. I don't even have kids yet and I'm terrified of sending my hypothetical kids anywhere! That's wrong. And that's sad. 

I can't help but wonder why God is letting this happen. Why this keeps happening. Why these innocent lives have been taken so cruelly? And these are only two recent examples. It makes me think of the story of Alma and Amulek found in The Book of Mormon. When they are forced to watch the innocent be brutally slaughtered. I feel as Amulek did, wishing that God would use his power to stop all of this. (Alma 14: 10). I guess this is where I have to exercise faith. And trust in God' wisdom, timing, mercy and justice. "For behold the Lord receiveth them up unto himself, in glory; and he doth suffer that they may do this thing, or that the people may do this thing unto them, according to the hardness of their hearts, that the judgments which he shall exercise upon them in his wrath may be just; and the blood of the innocent shall stand as a witness against them, yea, and cry mightily against them at the last day." - Alma 14:11

Gun reform is needed. Let's make it harder to obtain a firearm or gun of any kind. Let's make it more difficult to get and maintain a permit. If someone really wants one and feels they need one and they're a good human being, then why should it be a problem to fill out a little more paperwork? Or go through some sort of background check? Pay a little more money? Go through some sort of class/training? I don't actually know how difficult (or not-difficult) it is to obtain a gun; I'm just thinking of anything that can be done to make events like this never, ever happen again! Protect our children! They are the future! Protect people over "your right" to own a weapon! 

I'm always grateful for the safety of my family but today hits different. Hold your loved ones close. Tell your family you love them every day. Pray. Be kind. These songs are dedicated to all of the innocent lives that were taken in the recent shootings in Buffalo, New York and Uvalde, Texas. 🤍💔🙏🕊
*UPDATE: Tulsa Hospital Shooting victims 6/2/22* 

Gone Too Soon



Lullaby



Hush now baby don't you cry
Rest your wings my butterfly
Peace will come to you in time
And I will sing this lullaby

Know though I must leave, my child
That I would stay here by your side
And if you wake before I'm gone
Remember this sweet lullaby

And all love through darkness
Don't you ever stop believing
With love forlorn
With love you'll find your way
My love

The world has turned the day to dark
I leave this night with heavy heart
When I return to dry your eyes
I will sing this lullaby

Yes I will sing this lullaby
Oooooohhh


The Lost Children


We pray for our fathers, pray for our mothers
Wishing our families well
We sing songs for the wishing, of those who are kissing
But not for the missing

So this one's for all the lost children
This one's for all the lost children
This one's for all the lost children, wishing them well
And wishing them home

When you sit there addressing, counting your blessings
Biding your time
When you lay me down sleeping and my heart is weeping
Because I'm keeping a place

For all the lost children
This is for all the lost children
This one's for all the lost children, wishing them well
And wishing them home

Home with their fathers
Snug close and warm, loving their mothers
I see the door simply wide open
But no one can find thee

So pray for all the lost children
Let's pray for all the lost children
Just think of all the lost children, wishing them well
This is for all the lost children
This one's for all the lost children
Just think of all the lost children
Wishing them well, and wishing them home

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morticia and Gomez Addams Love Song: "Rot Next to You"

Siren Call

Sally's Song and Corpse Bride Medley