Grateful For Music Challenge Day 28

Song: Edelweiss 
Artist: From, The Sound of Music

I had a lovely experience at church today! The talks and lessons were so inspiring and have helped strengthen my testimony and increased my desire to strengthen my faith. A quote that was shared during one of the lessons was "You are worth more than easy." I LOVE that! It's my new mantra! Life takes effort. Faith takes effort. EVERYTHING worthwhile in this life takes EFFORT! Effort is hard. It can be exhausting. But it's worth it. With effort comes strength and progress. Right now in my life, I am simply "treading water." I'm not going anywhere and eventually I'm going to drown (sometimes I feel like I already have). I have to start pushing myself and get myself moving again. 

I'm sharing this song on this sabbath day because I find it calm, peaceful and beautiful. I have a few different versions (of course!) because there are so many good ones!

Sound of Music

Of course I have to share the original version! From the film The Sound of Music. A classic! And a Sunday staple in my home. I grew up watching this movie (usually on Sundays) and listening to the CD (also usually on Sundays).


Edelweiss, Edelweiss
Every morning you greet me
Small and white, clean and bright
You look happy to meet me
Blossom of snow, may you bloom and grow
Bloom and grow forever
Edelweiss, Edelweiss
Bless my homeland forever

Edelweiss, Edelweiss
Every morning you greet me
Small and white, clean and bright
You look happy to meet me

Blossom of snow, may you bloom and grow
Bloom and grow forever
Edelweiss, Edelweiss
Bless my homeland forever


Reprise


Jon & Valerie Guerra

Found this version on youtube and thought it was pretty. 




Mat & Savanna Shaw

This sweet father-daughter duo is never a bad idea to share! Sweetness overload!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morticia and Gomez Addams Love Song: "Rot Next to You"

Siren Call

Sally's Song and Corpse Bride Medley