Grateful For Music Challenge Day 20

Song: Much Too Soon
Artist: Michael Jackson

Celebrating my mom yesterday was a joyful, loving, fun, wonderful day! I am so grateful for my mom and loved being able to spoil her a little bit.

But for some reason, by the end of the night, long after the festivities had ended, I got a little down and I'm still feeling a little down today. I can't exactly pin-point the reason. Maybe it's from the stress of the upcoming holiday or stress about an awkward confrontation I have to have with a family member about something I'm putting off again. Stress about my upcoming therapy session (it's still not easy or comfortable for me). Stress about some aches and pains I keep experiencing (yesterday I had a really painful morning) and worrying they are the result of an underlying, serious illness. And of course, sadness because the one thing that could take my stress away is no longer here.😞 And my emotions have been heightened about that because of the joyful time of year. I feel like I could burst into tears at the drop of a hat.

I discovered this song back in August. It's melancholy and sad but also so beautiful. The melody and tone of the song is very different for Michael, it gives me Carpenters vibes and also Rainbow Connection vibes, lol. The harmonica in the bridge is the reason for that extremely out of left field and random connection. The vibe of this song is the funk I'm currently feeling stuck in at the moment so that's why I'm sharing it. Reading back through some of my older Grateful For Music posts I find myself trying to give a very specific reason as to why I find myself feeling "grateful" for that particular song. The whole point of this challenge is for the simple fact that I am grateful for music. There doesn't have to be a super personal tie-in as to why, it's for the pure pleasure of finding comfort and beauty in all different kinds of music. Sometimes there is no reason why, you just love it because it feels good. It's an escape. It's magic. Those three words describe Michael and his music to a tee. 


She was there just sitting at the table
Thinking now that things won't be the same
And wouldn't you like to go with me?
And she answered "No" to me but
I guess I learned my lesson much to soon

I never thought she'd leave me here forever
But who knows just what the future brings
And wouldn't you like to go with me?
And she answered "No" to me but
I guess I learned my lesson much too soon

Take away this never ending sorrow
Take this lonely feeling from my soul
If only I knew what things bring tomorrow
She'd be sitting here beside me
And my heart would then be whole

I hope to make a change now for the better
Never letting fate control my soul
And I'm hoping that my prayers will see
The day that you'll come back to me
But I guess I learned my lesson much too soon
Oh, oh
Yes, I guess I learned my lesson much too soon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morticia and Gomez Addams Love Song: "Rot Next to You"

Siren Call

Sally's Song and Corpse Bride Medley