Hanson Streaming Concert Series: October: Live & Electric: REVISITED!!

This post is not affiliated with my Halloween Inspired Song Playlist! This is purely a fangirling/geeking out post. Read if you think you can handle the cringe! ๐Ÿ˜œ

So Hanson... 'memba them!? You should, I just posted a song of theirs a minute ago... anyway, back in September they announced that they are doing a "Streaming Concert Series" for these next 4 months (October, November, December & January)! Being a Hanson.net member (and having been in a "Hanson draught" for a while), jumped at the chance to purchase a ticket to see and hear Hanson play live again! Each month will feature a different theme and this month's theme was: Live & Electric: Revisited! In celebration of their awesome album The Best of Hanson: Live & Electric 15 year anniversary! Wow. They're getting old for still being so young! 

Anyway, my "virtual concert" was yesterday but because of a time difference error (on my part) I missed the first HOUR of the hour and a half show!! ๐Ÿ˜ญ I was pretty bummed but luckily the stream is available for 24 hours after it airs! I just finished watching the entire stream (from the beginning this time) and...

IT ROCKED SOCKS Y'ALL!!! I FORGOT HOW SERIOUSLY COOL, AWESOME, TALENTED AND FUN HANSON ARE LIVE!! I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED IT!!!๐Ÿ’› IT WAS A BLAST!!! ๐ŸŽ‰SO WORTH THE ๐Ÿ’ฐ!!


Here is the set-list* with some notes from yours truly as I geeked my way through the whole stream:
  • Optimistic (Radiohead cover)* - Such a great way to start the show!
  • Dancing in the Wind
  • Minute Without You - This was hands down the BEST I have ever heard "adult" Hanson sing this song! They killed it!! It made me so happy!!
  • Strong Enough to Break* My favorite! ๐Ÿ’œ Phenomenal! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
  • Where's the Love?*
  • Look at You*
  • It's Your Thang! - My FAVORITE performance of the night!! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Š Such a fun surprise that I did not see coming at all! Look at You led beautifully into this funky beat and oh my gosh TAYLORRRR! He sang like I have NEVER heard that boy sing before! I was blown away! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜„Passion & SOUL! Slay brotha Tay, SLAY!! ๐Ÿ˜Ž I had to go back and record the performance so I could have it to look back on forever! So unexpected, so fun;  my jaw was on the floor and a grin stretched across my face from ear to ear! Incredible! I am mostly familiar with the Jackson 5 version of this song (little Michael sings with so much passion and soul I feel like Taylor just had to have been channeling his inner MJ on this tune!).
  • Broken Angel - Zac did a fantastic, beautiful job (as always) but I just feel like he does this one A LOT so I wasn't necessarily all that excited about it. He sounded great vocally though!
  • Being Me - Ike's solos have been PHENOMONAL lately, the BEST out of the three (in my opinion)! He truly is a fine wine, getting better and better with age (and he turns 40 in November!). I loved this performance! ๐Ÿ’•
  • Love Me (Elvis cover) - I've said it once and I'll say it again, my boy Taylor's got SOUL y'all. I LOVED this performance (Tay is by FAR the most passionate performer out of the three!). I loved that he did a cover (especially one I hadn't heard before!). He may have given Isaac a run for his money this time around....also, we don't get to really see/appreciate Taylor's amazing keyboard skills very often but he is fantastic, as he proved on this song! 
  • Underneath*
  • Every Word I Say* - really glitchy, couldn't enjoy it very well as a result. I'm sad because they never play this one! ๐Ÿ˜ž
  • This Time Around*
  • Hand in Hand* - glitchy....again ๐Ÿ˜ญ
  • Crazy Beautiful - wish they'd replaced this one with Rock N' Roll Razorblade! 
  • Penny & Me*
  • Deeper - Always love hearing this one! A sorely underrated/underappreciated Hanson song!
  • In A Little While (U2 cover)* - Taylor ๐Ÿ˜ You got me (again)! I swear he almost performs/sings better on covers than actual Hanson songs sometimes!
  • You Never Know - Fun surprise! Another criminally underrated Hanson song!
  • MMMBop* - Always ๐Ÿงก❤๐Ÿงก
  • If Only* - SO MUCH FUN!! My life goal is to hear this song live!! 
  • Hey
  • Lost Without Each Other - A great way to end a high-energy, electric show!


Seriously, SO MUCH FUN! My Fangirl heart is happy! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’› I can't wait to find out next months theme and get my ticket ASAP! Stay tuned for that review in November! Happy BEST TIME OF THE YEAR to me!!


Bolded songs = Stand outs from the show

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morticia and Gomez Addams Love Song: "Rot Next to You"

Siren Call

Sally's Song and Corpse Bride Medley