Happy Easter!

Song: I Know That My Redeemer Lives
Artist: Hymns, pg. 136 (cover by Claire Crosby)

HAPPY EASTER SUNDAY!!!




I am grateful to have been able to celebrate Jesus Christ today with my family. I am grateful for my Savior and Redeemer who suffered, bled and died for me. I am grateful for God's love and mercy. I am grateful that through Christ, I can become whole. I am grateful that He willingly took upon Himself my pains and infirmities so I know I'm not alone in my struggles. I am grateful for the way He has never left me, even when I have pulled away from Him. Even when I doubt Him and even get angry with Him. He is my patient and loving older brother who always understands. I am grateful that ALL will be made alive in Christ. That death has no sting and the grave no victory. That there is purpose and meaning in life. I am grateful for living prophets, most especially President Russell M. Nelson who is the Lord's mouthpiece. I am so grateful to have the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. I am grateful for my family and the promise of being with them eternally. I am grateful to know that one day, all suffering will cease and He will reign as King of Kings and Lord of Lords and that "every knee shall bow and tongue confess" that He is the Lord, the Savior of all mankind.

This has been an emotional day (and week) for me as I have tried to remember my Savior and His life. As I have tried to read the accounts in the Bible of the final week of his life and all that He endured. I have not been perfect and know and wish I could have been better. But I know He appreciate my efforts. Today I celebrate His triumphant victory over death! Today I ponder on His suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane as he bore the sins of world. Today I recommit myself to Him. I desire to know Him better. To come unto Him and "Hear Him" better. I know that with Christ all things are possible! That I can overcome my fears.



I have been watching this sweet, uplifting and beautiful video for weeks now! It has been such a strength and comfort to me in times of sadness, fear, loneliness and despair. The words bring me so much JOY and comfort, especially during these difficult times. I KNOW that my Redeemer LIVES and that by having FAITH in Him, I will be blessed and strengthened in my suffering. "Faith is the antidote for fear." - President Russell M. Nelson.

I love Claire and her family so much! The innocent and perfect faith this precious Daughter of God has is expressed so beautifully in this song and really helps strengthen mine.


I know that my Redeemer lives.
What comfort this sweet sentence gives!
He lives, he lives, who once was dead.
He lives, my ever-living Head.

He lives to bless me with his love.
He lives to plead for me above.
He lives my hungry soul to feed.
He lives to bless in time of need.

He lives, my kind, wise heav’nly Friend.
He lives and loves me to the end.
He lives, and while he lives, I’ll sing.
He lives, my Prophet, Priest, and King.

He lives to silence all my fears.
He lives to wipe away my tears.
He lives to calm my troubled heart.
He lives all blessings to impart.

He lives! All glory to his name!
He lives, my Savior, still the same.
Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:
“I know that my Redeemer lives!”

He lives! All glory to his name!
He lives, my Savior, still the same.
Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:
“I know, I know, I know, I know that my Redeemer lives!”


And....

If you have some time, please consider watching all or part of Handel's Messiah performed by the Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square (previously recorded performance from 2018). I learned a little bit about George Frideric Handel and the experience he had in writing this 260-page oratorio. It was moving! One of my favorite things I learned: History of the "Hallelujah Chorus": Handel composed Messiah without getting much sleep or even eating much food. When his assistants brought him his meals, they were often left uneaten. His servants would often find him in tears as he composed. When he completed "Hallelujah," he reportedly told his servant, "I did think I did see all Heaven before me, and the great God Himself seated on His throne, with His company of Angels." Listen/watch Handel's "Hallelujah Chorus" at 2:00:38 in linked video (above).

HAVE A HAPPY AND BLESSED EASTER!
HALLELUJAH! OUR LORD AND SAVIOR LIVES!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morticia and Gomez Addams Love Song: "Rot Next to You"

Siren Call

Sally's Song and Corpse Bride Medley