Month of Love Songs Challenge Day 29: HAPPY LEAP DAY!

Song: Better With You
Artist: Jesse McCartney

Thanks to 2020 being a LEAP YEAR we get one more love song for the month!! WOOT! WOOT!

If you'll recall this post from a couple of years ago then you will know Jesse McCartney was my first major celebrity crush. So when I heard this song last year, I was immediately transported back in time to my 12 year old self because he literally sounds and looks exactly the same. It's weird. And kinda sad. He was so cute back as the up and coming 19 year old singer. But now, in his early to mid 30's .... he's still lookin' so young and baby faced. I mean, that's not necessarily a bad thing but....maybe it's just me.....my taste in men has changed and evolved quite a bit over the years. A few of my celebrity crushes of years past have been:

First up is, obviously, the man of the post, J-MAC (as all us OG fans would know him as):

What started it all 👆

THIS is the Jesse I remember having posters of on my wall....that floppy blonde hair doe' 

Circa 2005ish

Many years later.....😶

As a brunette with short hair....I swear he ages backwards! He almost looks younger here!

And today! He has gone back to his signature floppy, blonde hair and....THE MAN DOES NOT AGE! And I just can't find him attractive anymore....I have moved on....waaaaay on (continue scrolling to see what I mean)

After Zac Efron graced us with his face in High School Musical I said: "Jesse who?" And was all about ZAC:

How I will always remember him! He is so adorable! 💗


See, THIS is what needed to happen to poor Jesse! This boy grew into a MAN! He is still lookin' so good!


Then, just a few years ago there was Grant Gustin from The Flash....I'm just embarrassed.

He was just so traditionally charming/handsome

And then he decided to grow that ridiculous facial hair and I'm like....😖 (even though honestly he doesn't look too bad here but I'm still not a fan of the stache)


Yeah, I know, I know. They all look very similar.....now for my current celeb crushes! They are a whole different flava....

Bring on my bae, Michael B. Jordan! 😍

That smile got me like 😳😚😍


Creed. It was Creed where I was first introduced to him and it was Creed that I originally fell in love with

Have mercy!

Even when he's bad he's....bad 😉😏😘

This man is so fine!

My crush goes back and forth between that ☝ (to quote one of my least favorite female artists but the line is so good, Taylor Swift) magnetic force of a man above and this classy, fiiiine gentleman:

Chadwick Boseman aka Black Panther!

Love, love, love his hair here! 😍

Chocolate's always been my favorite flavor 😉💝

OMYGOSH!!! THAT SMILE!! I feel like a Popsicle on a hot July...*melting* 

HE IS SO CUTE!! My 💓

The KING himself! "Wakanda Forever!"

I mean....😍😘 Doesn't he look like he'd be the nicest human EVER!?


OK.....this is literally the most EMBARRASSING and THIRSTIEST post I have EVER done and I MAY just have to go back and edit some of this out because I feel so STUPID and childish right now!! 🙈😬😱

BUT THE SONG!! Oh my gosh, I got so dang distracted by beautiful men!! If you didn't know I was single before....GAH! I am so awkward! I LIKED THE SONG WHEN I HEARD IT LAST YEAR AND IT GAVE ME ALL THE HAPPY MEMORY FEELS TO REALIZE IT WAS JESSE AND IT TOOK ME BACK TO MY CHILDHOOD AND TO HAPPIER TIMES AND THE SONG ITSELF IS ACTUALLY QUITE GOOD AND CATCHY AND I AM SO EMBARRASSED I AM SCREAMING!!!! Ahahaha. But yeah, I hope you likey. Sorry it's taken so long to get the actual point of this post but I have provided you with some fabulous eye candy so you can't be too mad at me, m' I right?



I know it's ugly turning on the news
There's people fighting over point of view
Sometimes it's like there's nothing left to lose
And I don't know what to do
But I know it's better with you

I was a wreck when you came along
When there was nothing left
You showed me the best
I'm still a mess but you hold on
Don't know just why you do
But I know I'm better with you

But I know I'm better with you
But I know I'm better with you
But I know I'm better with you

For every laugh there is a silent cry
For every day there is a darker night
Sometimes this life doesn't treat us right
And I don't know what to do
But I know it's better with you

I was a wreck when you came along
When there was nothing left
You showed me the best
I'm still a mess but you hold on
Don't know just why you do
But I know I'm better with you

But I know I'm better with you
But I know I'm better with you

Wherever you are it's never as dark
Whenever I start slipping you make all the difference
Been there from the start no matter how hard
Whatever piece is missing you know how to fix it

I was a wreck when you came along
When there was nothing left
You showed me the best
I'm still a mess but you hold on
Don't know just why you do
But I know I'm better with you

But I know I'm better with you
But I know I'm better with you


Love Month 2020 is officially signing off! I hope you've enjoyed the songs I have shared! I really love doing these holiday, monthly challenges. Hopefully I don't fall off the face of the....internet (?) for the next 6 months! I am really going to try to be more consistent and continue to share my thoughts through song! SO:

HAPPY LOVE MONTH!!
2020!
Until next year! 💕

AND

HAPPY LEAP YEAR!!
ENJOY YOUR EXTRA DAY OF LIFE!!
IT ONLY COMES EVERY FOUR YEARS! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morticia and Gomez Addams Love Song: "Rot Next to You"

Siren Call

Sally's Song and Corpse Bride Medley