HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUSIC IS MY THERAPY!!

I have to give my blog it's own OFFICIAL post to commemorate the 6th BIRTHDAY of Music is My Therapy!!! 6 years ago today, February 23, 2014 I created my very first post. I wrote down my thoughts and the relationship I feel I have with music and hit publish. Since then I have shared my heart, soul, passions, emotions, ups, downs, heartache, pain, happiness, joy, wins and losses through music. I have shared new music that I just barely discovered to songs I have known since I was a child. I have posted popular, well-known and loved pieces and some that are.....embarrassingly random and cheesy! Followers of MIMT have seen my musical taste change, grow and evolve. What started out as a seemingly "Hanson Music Fan Blog" has now seen me embrace a variety of music from as early as the 60's in genres from Motown to rock, county, Broadway maybe even a little rap! You were there at the very beginning of my discovery and eventual life long, dedicated fandom-hood to the King, Michael Jackson! My discovery of Dear Evan Hansen. My vulnerability with sharing my story of mental health illness through music. I've had the freedom to just be me....110% of the time. From my venting sessions, freak outs and "fan-girling" you've seen (and heard) it all! We've had holiday celebrations, birthday dedication songs and random, musical blogging challenges. This blog has been a diary of sorts where I have let the music do most of the talking. I love going back and reading through my past posts, remembering those times in my life when I was struggling or ecstatic and how music was always there to get me through it all. I remember certain songs I used to be obsessed with and listened to until I got burnt out! I even remind myself of songs that I have since forgotten are amazing and go listen to again.








If I've said it once, I've said it a MILLION times....MUSIC IS MY THERAPY!!! That blog title has never and will never change. Because it's true. I feel so proud of this blog. Even though it has never been successful and never served it's original purpose....my hope, in the beginning was to connect with other people through music. That I would get viewers and people would comment and we could become virtual friends. But I have learned so much just through reading my own humble, simple, silly or dramatic entries back to myself. I have seen myself grow and change. A lot has stayed the same (something I lament to on a regular basis) but.....I don't know. There are many precious times of my life that I have captured here.

I feel more motivated than I have in a long time to keep up with this blog! To keep sharing MY thoughts, feelings and music with anyone who might happen to stumble upon my little blog here. To remain true to myself through my writing and my music.


SO....

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUSIC IS MY THERAPY!!!
WE HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR A LONG TIME NOW!!
YOU HAVE SEEN ME THROUGH A LOT AND WILL CONTINUE TO!!
I AM SO GRATEFUL TO HAVE A PLACE I CAN BE UNAPOLOGETICALLY ME!!
THANK YOU!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morticia and Gomez Addams Love Song: "Rot Next to You"

Siren Call

Sally's Song and Corpse Bride Medley