Commemorating one of the Greatest Songs of All Time!!

Song: Man in the Mirror
Artist: Michael Jackson

Charting at #1 on Billboard's Hot 100 in 1987, this incredible song was released exactly 33 years ago today!! And exactly 12 years ago, in 2008 this song became one of my most favorite songs ever. It was the beginning of my MJ fandom-hood (that I hadn't even realized had begun). I think this song is fitting, not only to commemorate the blessed day it graced the world's presence with it's awesomeness, but because Martin Luther King Jr. Day is coming up. I have been reading a book by Martin Luther King Jr. this month and I think he would have appreciated this song. He was a great man. A brave man. And someone who truly lived by it's message. That message has always felt relevant to me and for me in my own life and I was touched so deeply the first time I heard it as a young teenager. I think it is the wake up call everyone need. Be the change you want to see.

Click the pic to watch the most passionate and inspirational music video of all time!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morticia and Gomez Addams Love Song: "Rot Next to You"

Siren Call

Sally's Song and Corpse Bride Medley