HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

Song: The Phantom of the Opera
Artist: From, The Phantom of the Opera by Andrew Lloyd Webber

HAPPY, HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

We've made it to another HALLOWEEN here at MIMT! Wow! This is my 5th celebratory Halloween post! My Halloween Playlist is getting MASSIVE! I have been able to add a whole bunch of *NEW* wickedly "spooktacular" tunes to help you get in (and stay in) the Halloween spirit all month long! I hope you have enjoyed another year of following along with me and celebrating spooky season through music!

Just as I like to listen to "Halloween" inspired tunes throughout the month, I also love reading Halloween inspired books! This month I read The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux, And Then There Were None by Agatha Christy, Rip Van Winkle and The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving. The Phantom of the Opera was actually a really fun read and I was surpriesed by how much I enjoyed it. I have always loved the music from the Broadway musical based on the book, so it was only fitting that after I finished reading I watched the movie adaptation and then listened to the musical score! This song is a WINNER when it comes to engendering feelings of fear and danger! So spooky yet so incredible! The second it starts I just get so excited! It's one of those iconic pieces of music that can never get old! UGH! It's SO good!! I hope this song helps you get into the Halloween spirit on this day of spooks and thrills! BEWARE THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA!


In sleep he sang to me
In dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again for now I find
The Phantom of the Opera is there
Inside my mind

Sing once again with me
Our strange duet
My power over you grows stronger yet
And though you turn from me to glance behind
The Phantom of the Opera is there
Inside your mind.

Those who have seen your face
Draw back in fear
I am the mask you wear

It's me they hear...

Your/My spirit and my/your voice in one combined
The Phantom of the Opera is here
Inside my/your mind

(He's there, the phantom of the opera! Beware, the phantom of the opera!)

In all your fantasies, you always knew
that man and mystery

Were both in you

And in this labyrinth
Where night is blind
The Phantom of the Opera is here,
inside my/your mind

He's there, the phantom of the Opera

Ahhhhhh!!
Sing, my Angel of Music
Ahhhhhh!!
Sing, my Angel
Ahhhhhh!!
Sing for me
Ahhhhhh!!
Sing, my Angel!
Ahhhhhh!!
Sing for me!
AHHHHHH!!


A few more Phantom performances for your viewing pleasure:

Phantom of the Opera LIVE - 1988 Tony Awards
(Sarah Brightman & Michael Crawford)


From the 2004 film adaptation starring Emmy Rossum & Gerard Butler


Sierra Boggess & Ramin Karimloo - 2011


Halloween was great! I made some delicious food (a lot of my dinner was a repeat of last year and honestly it didn't turn out nearly as good as last time .... I guess that's what I get for trying to re-create something that had already been great .... the ghost of Halloween Past was totally messing with me today ;) and had fun hanging out with my fam-bam. I didn't have much of a "theme" this year .... other than having coordinating costumes with my dog, hahaha!! I was Rey from Star Wars and my pup was an Ewok, lol. It was darling! I loved both costumes and was happy with how they turned out :) My dessert this year was Witch's Brew Brownies which is basically brownies baked with chocolate candy .... mine had Kit-Kat bars, Reese's Peanut Butter cups & M&M's .... chocolate on chocolate on chocolate! They were heavenly! And of course, as is tradition, I ended my night eating my brownies while watching THRILLER!! This tradition makes my night every year. I always end up smiling and nodding my head and just really enjoying myself. I love it so much!

I'm really sad Halloween is over :( I feel like I wasn't able to enjoy it quite as much this year .... what with feeling super depressed and anxious for the majority of the month. My music is what really helped me get through each day. I wish I could have done more to celebrate the holiday though. Last year was so much fun. I felt like I was able to do a lot of fun activities and things that I wanted to do and then this year kind of felt like a major let down. I feel jipped in a way. BUT HALLOWEEN DAY has been fun so I shouldn't complain! I'm excited to move on to my next blog challenge: Grateful For Music Challenge starting TOMORROW November 1st!


HALLOWEEN 2019 WAS A REAL "TREAT!"
NEXT YEAR IS GOING TO BE ONE OF THE BEST HALLOWEENS YET THOUGH! ;)

THIS IS HALLOWEEN 2019 SIGNING OFF!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morticia and Gomez Addams Love Song: "Rot Next to You"

Siren Call

Sally's Song and Corpse Bride Medley