Press Forward Saints

This weekend I had the privilege and opportunity to listen to General Conference. I'll admit, my attitude yesterday wasn't the best. I didn't really want to participate in Conference because I felt angry. I felt that God had shut me out, turned a blind eye and deaf ear on me. I felt that He didn't really care about me. I felt my prayers had fallen on deaf ears and that I was alone in my pain and struggles. I wasn't even praying anymore. I had given up on myself and on God. I've never done that before. I've never felt this angry and hurt before. I convinced myself that I never hear what I need to hear when I've listened to Conference in the past (which is not true). There's never been a talk that was "just for me" or that really answered a sincere question or longing in my heart (again, not true). I didn't think it would happen this time either.

Well, the Lord reminded me just how aware of me He is as many of the addresses seemed tailor made just for me! Many of my questions, thoughts, doubts and feelings seemed to be addressed and I was given the guidance and advice on how to navigate through my struggles and my life.

I have had an interesting experience these past two days. I have re-committed myself to God to start living the way He wants me to live. To trust in Him and in His ways and in His timing. I've been praying again. I have repented. I have been humbled. I know the road ahead will not be easy and I will continue to fail and come up short. But, I have been reminded of just how near the Lord truly is. That He never leaves us comfortless or alone on our path. That He is ready and willing to bless us as we follow Him and keep His commandments. I have felt His love for me. I still don't feel completely healed. I still feel anxious and depressed and lonely. But I no longer feel forgotten. I am ready to start trying again.

Song: Press Forward Saints
Artist: The Tabernacle Choir, Hymns pg. 81

This song is so powerful yet comforting and inspiring at the same time. It makes me feel strong! And brave! And happy! I feel like it is the perfect song to end this weekend on and the spiritual roller coaster I have been riding. Happy Sabbath! God is good.


Press forward, Saints, with steadfast faith in Christ,
With hope’s bright flame alight in heart and mind,
With love of God and love of all mankind.

Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

Press forward, feasting on the word of Christ.
Receive his name, rejoicing in his might.
Come unto God; find everlasting light.

Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

Press on, enduring in the ways of Christ.
His love proclaim thru days of mortal strife.
Thus saith our God: “Ye have eternal life!”

Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morticia and Gomez Addams Love Song: "Rot Next to You"

Siren Call

Sally's Song and Corpse Bride Medley