Hanson Month 2019 Day 13

Song: The Walk
Artist: Hanson, The Walk (2007)

Today's song is a beautiful ballad from Hanson's 2007 album The Walk which is a beautiful, unique and diverse album. I love the symbolism in this song. To me, I picture myself on "the walk" of life. I have one, ultimate goal in this lifetime. And that goal is to return to live with my Savior Jesus Christ and Father in Heaven and to be with my family forever. To achieve this goal, I try to live my life in a way that may seem different from the world. I choose to follow a different path than most people. I choose to follow a "straight and narrow" path, one that I believe if I try my best to follow, will lead me to eternal happiness and peace (see 1 Nephi 8). That's what I think about as I listen to this song. The "tightrope" is that straight and narrow path. If you were to walk on a tightrope and strayed off course, even just a little, you would fall. There is only one way to go and that is forward. You must stay focused on what is ahead. So similarly, if I stray off my path, I could fall or get lost in the temptations of the world. I have to keep my balance and stay on the "tightrope" focusing on the end destination. It's hard. And I have to stay strong and not give in to my fear. But it's worth it.

That's what I have always thought about whenever I listen to this song. It's a beautiful song. From a non-religious perspective, I still see this as a song about the "walk of life" and how there are challenges and difficulties but we have to keep trying and keep moving forward. We will fall, we will make mistakes, but we can get up and keep going. We have potential to do and to be great! We're all different but each journey is special and important.

I love this song :)


Deep in a wood
Where nothing is seen
A tightrope is strung to his heel
And high on the walk
He's down on one knee
He waits for the slow of the breeze

Ooh, wow
Look at him now on his feet
High up in the sky

And every moment, extends endlessly
If feels as though time isn't moving
And every second, hold breath not to breathe
And watch as he moves to the beat

Well down on the floor
I watch from my seat
I watch as he sways with the trees
And slowly he moves
But so elegantly
I'm all on the edge of my seat

On the tightrope everything's bare
All that there is from here to there
On the tightrope the goal is quite clear
Don't lose yourself in your

Fear

Everyone waits on a walk
Some are long and some small
But all of them tall
And everyone must make a choice
Will I go for it all, and possibly fall
The tightrope is thin
I could possibly win on the walk

Well high on the walk
The tightrope it bends
And nobody knows where it ends
To win or to lose you're all on your own
'Cause everyone must be alone

On the tightrope everything's bare
All that there is from here to there
On the tightrope the goal is quite clear
Don't lose yourself in your

Fear


HAPPY HANSON MONTH!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morticia and Gomez Addams Love Song: "Rot Next to You"

Siren Call

Sally's Song and Corpse Bride Medley