Palm Sunday

Song: Jesus, the Very Thought of Thee
Artist: Hymns, pg. 141

Not going to lie, the past several weeks have been rough. And it all escalated yesterday. But, things are now looking better and I'm going to start taking the steps necessary to get help and to get myself feeling better.

I hope I can focus on my Savior more this week. I haven't been feeling well (I'm always unwell mentally but this time I have some physical ailments as well) and I am feeling very lethargic and drained of energy. I'm hoping to get some rest this week and use my down time wisely. I hope to use it focusing on the final week of the Savior's mortal life. Reading and studying his teachings.

My relationship with God hasn't been the best and that is my own fault. I have isolated myself from Him. It makes me sad. But I know that God has not given up on me. He is always there. This song fees appropriate for today and this upcoming Easter week. What Jesus Christ did for me and for all people should never be taken for granted. His infinite Atonement can heal all wounds. Physical, mental, emotional. Whatever we are struggling with, we can take comfort in the fact that He was there first. He can succor us in our struggles because He already endured them. He is the only way to peace. This song is tender and evokes feelings of deep gratitude, reverence and love for my Lord and Savior.


Jesus, the very thought of thee
With sweetness fills my breast;
But sweeter far thy face to see
And in thy presence rest.

Nor voice can sing, nor heart can frame,
Nor can the mem’ry find
A sweeter sound than thy blest name,
O Savior of mankind!

O hope of ev’ry contrite heart,
O joy of all the meek,
To those who fall, how kind thou art!
How good to those who seek!

Jesus, our only joy be thou,
As thou our prize wilt be;
Jesus, be thou our glory now,
And thru eternity

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morticia and Gomez Addams Love Song: "Rot Next to You"

Siren Call

Sally's Song and Corpse Bride Medley