Hell To Your Doorstep

Song: Hell To Your Doorstep
Artist: From, The Count of Monte Cristo (the musical)

I was able to see this musical a couple of years ago and it was so good! This song in particular really stood out to me; the actor who performed this song did such an outstanding job! The scene was intense and dramatic and I LOVED it! I don't know what that says about me, haha.....but you've got to admit, the song evokes a feeling of passion from deep inside your soul! Give this song a listen the next time you're feeling particularly foul tempered or feeling really angry with someone....or maybe not. This song embodies strong feelings of anger and we don't want anyone doing anything they'd regret....I should stop talking now, I'm just making things more awkward than they need to be, lol. It's just a song I secretly like to BLAST when I'm feeling especially pissed off at the world! Guess that cat's out of the bag now..... Anyway, I feel this song is fitting for this month of Halloween with it's references to "villains" and "Hell/The Devil" and "fire" and all.


The world is a place where the villains wear a smile on their face 
While they take what you can never replace 
Stolen moments gone forever

Well, tables can turn 
As my enemies will soon enough learn 
I will strike a match and then watch them burn 
On the pyre of obsession 

You run 'till you drop, chasing an advantage 
You'll pay any price if you think it's free 

I will carry hell to your doorstep; 
I will make you pay 
You will reap the hate you've sown on my judgment day 
Sleepless nights and days of damnation 
Soon and evermore 
I will bring the Chateau D'If knocking up on your door 

And love is a lie swearing that no matter what it won't die 
Disappearing like a star in the sky 
In the hot light of morning 
But what do I care? 
There are women to be had everywhere 
First there's retribution I must prepare 
Mighty vengeance is mine

I have a nice show that will tempt you onward 
And just when you're sure that the prize is yours 

I'll deliver hell to your doorstep dressed in rich facade 
Then, I'll burn you to the ground like an angry God 
Once you're in my shining cathedral heed the tolling bell 
It's the final sound you hear as you descend to hell 

Fall down on your knees 
Fall down and let me hear you pray 
Fall down on your knees 
'Till I can hear you bargaining, scheming
Begging and screaming to pay 

I will carry hell to your doorstep; 
You will rue the day 
You will reap the hate you've sown no matter how hard you pray 
It's a place without any mercy, fashioned in cold blood 
Stones of fear and stones of doubt 
No forgiveness, no way out 
Only justice 
Say, amen


I really like this cover! He sings with such GREAT passion!
The ending is a little disturbing though....

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morticia and Gomez Addams Love Song: "Rot Next to You"

Siren Call

Sally's Song and Corpse Bride Medley