Let the Monster Rise

Song: Let the Monster Rise
Artist: From, Repo! The Genetic Opera

I first came across this song a couple of years ago on a Disney fanfiction type youtube video....yeeeeaaah....I used watch those....a lot. I'm was the biggest nerd who loved watching "fan made" videos to some of my favorite movies/TV shows. I haven't done that for a while now (I'm finally growing up!) but ya know, I wasn't alone in my geekdom! There were obviously even more nerdy, obsessed people out there who actually made the videos - who took the time to find corresponding clips and edit and do whatever else you do to create a video like that. Also, I actually found quite a few songs that I ended up loving through watching those videos! Songs that I still listen to to this day. So, I am not ashamed of my past geeking-out/fangirling ways! And let's be honest, I still geek out and fangirl to this day, it's just a little different (aka Hanson, Michael Jackson, etc).

Anyway, this song is suuuuuper creepy and therefore PERFECT for HALLOWEEN!! I have no idea what movie this song is from, it just went well with the "fan-made" video I first heard it in. And then I found out (from my sister through a random sequence of coincidences) that the guy singing this song is King Uther from Merlin (another show I loved and watched fan made videos of)! Which, if you know anything about Uther or that show you will understand how PERFECT that is! Uther is gross and I hate him! So, it's fitting. But, I have no idea what Repo! The Genetic Opera is and from the sound/lyrics of this song, I don't think I really want to know....


Didn't I tell you not to go out?
Didn't I... ?

You did...
You did...

Didn't I say the world was cruel?
Didn't I... ?

You did...
You did...

Then tell me how this happened
What I did wrong?
Tell me, why?
Can we just go home, Shi?
And forget this dreadful night?

Didn't you say that you were different?
Didn't you... ?

I am...
I am...

Say you aren't that person,
Say it...

I am...
I am...

Then tell me how to act, Dad
What to say, Dad?
Tell me, why?
All you've ever told me,
Every word is a lie!

Didn't you say that you'd protect me?
Didn't you!

I tried...
I tried...

Is that how you'd help me?
Is it!

I tried!
I tried!

Don't help me anymore, Dad
You are dead, Dad,
In my eyes!

Someone has replaced you.
Dad, I hate you!
Go and die!

Didn't I build a house? A home?
Didn't I!

(You did... You did...)

Didn't I raise her all alone?
Didn't I!

(You did... You did...)

Then Rotti took her from me!
Stole my Shilo!
He's to blame!
Have I failed my daughter?
Then let the father die!
And let the monster rise!


Found this video after discovering Uther is the singer, it's perfect!



HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morticia and Gomez Addams Love Song: "Rot Next to You"

Siren Call

Sally's Song and Corpse Bride Medley