Wildflowers

Song: Wildflowers
Artist: Tom Petty cover by Hanson

Ugh. My heart is so saddened and sick about the recent shooting and massacre in Las Vegas. Why does this keep happening?? It's scary. It could happen anywhere. It makes me feel unsafe. I pray for peace and healing for the victims families and those who have been injured. It's so wrong. I will never, ever understand how someone could do something like this. This truly breaks my heart. It makes me realize how small my problems really are. There are people's whose very LIVES have ended far too soon and been taken so selfishly.

I read this in an instagram post from Colette Butler (katiletters) and I couldn't agree more: My heart is saddened to hear about the souls in Vegas 😓. How someone can allow their mind to slip so far as to seek the lives of others. May we be diligent in feeding our own minds with goodness that we don't add to the collective cancer that feeds this kind of mentality. Your greatest gift is your power to choose. Choose love over fear. Choose mercy over persecution. Choose universal oneness over separation. The soul that could do such a horrible thing does not love himself. He is selfish but does not truly love himself. Learn the difference for yourself and train your mind to choose self love over selfishness. It is when you can have real love for your own soul that you can learn to value the souls of others. No matter what fear does to you the power to choose is always yours. Love is always more powerful than fear. Choose faith in yourself. Choose faith in mankind. Choose faith in a higher power. Above all, choose LOVE!

This tragic and terrible event that should never happen, really puts into perspective how much life really is worth living and how precious it is. It could be taken in the blink of an eye. I am so grateful for the safety of my family and loved ones.  I am reminded how important it is to love those around us and live good, decent lives every single day. Be a little kinder, a little more patient, a little better each day. Life is so fragile. And so important.

Hanson posted this gorgeous video on their youtube channel. It is a tribute to Tom Petty, who has just passed away. After listening to the first 30 seconds of this song I felt emotional. I want to dedicate this song to the people whose lives were lost in the tragic shooting. They belong among the wildflowers. May their souls find peace and rest in Heaven. I know God loves them.



You belong among the wildflowers
You belong in a boat out at sea
Sail away, kill off the hours
You belong somewhere you feel free



Run away, find you a lover
Go away somewhere all bright and new
I have seen no other
Who compares with you

You belong among the wildflowers
You belong in a boat out at sea
You belong with your love on your arm
You belong somewhere you feel free


Run away, go find a lover
Run away, let your heart be your guide
You deserve the deepest of cover
You belong in that home by and by

You belong among the wildflowers
You belong somewhere close to me
Far away from your trouble and worry
You belong somewhere you feel free
You belong somewhere you feel free 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morticia and Gomez Addams Love Song: "Rot Next to You"

Siren Call

Sally's Song and Corpse Bride Medley