HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Song(s): Jack's Lament, Sally's Song & Nightmare Before Christmas Medley, from Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas
Artist(s): Danny Elfman, Amy Lee & Jared Halley

HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO ALL YOU GHOSTS, GOBLINS, GHOULS & WITCHES!

I think Halloween is a really fun holiday and I still love getting into the Halloween spirit! These songs are sure to help you out with that too! Even though I'm not necessarily a big fan of the movie The Nightmare Before Christmas, I do like the songs. They are perfect "Halloween songs." I've included three today, because I couldn't decide which one to do and I think the medley is so well-done and cool I had to include it!

First up, Jack's Lament. It just has a super creepy & eerie vibe to it. Plus, it's sung by the King of Halloween, the Pumpkin King, Jack Skellington! And I think Jack is just creepy enough for Halloween but not too scary. In fact, he was the main theme of my Halloween dessert platter this year: Jack Skellington cupcakes! "Everyone hail to the Pumpkin song!" 


There are few who'd deny, at what I do I am the best
For my talents are renowned far and wide
When it comes to surprises in the moonlit night
I excel without ever even trying
With the slightest little effort of my ghostlike charms
I have seen grown men give out a shriek
With the wave of my hand, and a well-placed moan
I have swept the very bravest off their feet

Yet year after year, it's the same routine
And I grow so weary of the sound of screams
And I, Jack, the Pumpkin King
Have grown so tired of the same old thing

Oh, somewhere deep inside of these bones
An emptiness began to grow
There's something out there, far from my home
A longing that I've never known


I'm a master of fright, and a demon of light
And I'll scare you right out of your pants
To a guy in Kentucky, I'm Mister Unlucky
And I'm known throughout England and France

And since I am dead, I can take off my head
To recite Shakespearean quotations
No animal nor man can scream like I can
With the fury of my recitations

But who here would ever understand
That the Pumpkin King with the skeleton grin
Would tire of his crown, if they only understood
He'd give it all up if he only could

Oh, there's an empty place in my bones
That calls out for something unknown
The fame and praise come year after year
Does nothing for these empty tears 


Second: Sally's Song. I had forgotten about this song (it's been years since I last saw this movie) but after I dscovered this really cool, spooky, eerie cover by Amy Lee I've liked it a lot. It's hauntingly beautiful and I decided to include it in my big Halloween Post. Also, it's the closest thing to a "Halloween love song" so there ya go!


I sense there's something in the wind
That feels like tragedy's at hand
And though I'd like to stand by him
Can't shake this feeling that I have
The worst is just around the bend

And does he notice my feelings for him?
And will he see how much he means to me?
I think it's not to be


What will become of my dear friend
Where will his actions lead us then?
Although I'd like to join the crowd
In their enthusiastic cloud
Try as I may, it doesn't last
And will we ever end up together?

Oh ooh

And will we ever end up together?
No, I think not, it's never to become
For I am not the one



Finally, song #3 Nightmare Before Christmas Medley. I randomly came across this on youtube a couple of days ago and I think it's fantastic and perfect for Halloween!! It's the perfect combination and blend of all these Halloween inspired songs!


BONUS VIDEO!!

This is Lindsey Sterlings dance from DWTS last week....it is EPIC! She KILLED it! I want to include it on my Halloween post because it.is.creepy. And it's just so cool! 






I didn't get a costume this year (I wore a t-shirt I bought a few weeks ago that says "Michael Jackson's Thriller" with a picture of MJ.... it was PERFECT!) but I still made my Halloween dessert platter! Three years in a row so far! I wanted to dress up as Sally after I decided on making these Jack Skellington cupcakes but I was too late to get one....maybe next year, I think it's a cool costume! I also made some fun Halloween candy bark that was a huge hit! At the end of the night I ate my treats while watching Thriller ..... another new tradition, three years running!

So happy with how these turned out!



I found these cute cupcake wrappers that looked like Jack's collar, I love how they look!







Halloween Candy bark, so good!



 I also have to share my pumpkin!! It turned out so good and I did it all myself!! Jack Skellington - The PUMPKIN King!
 






HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!
2017 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morticia and Gomez Addams Love Song: "Rot Next to You"

Siren Call

Sally's Song and Corpse Bride Medley