Upon the Cross of Calvary

Song: Upon the Cross of Calvary 
Artist: Hymns, 184
 
Today is Good Friday. Today would be the same day of the week that Jesus Christ performed the ultimate sacrifice and gave up His matchless and perfect life for our sins on the cross at Calvary. This great act of love and complete obedience to the Father is the greatest gift we have been given. The excruciating pain He suffered on my behalf, on every single living soul's behalf, is unfathomable. Christ suffered for us so that He could perfectly succor us in our weakeness. Our pain. Our sorrow. I am so grateful for this gift of love. I know there is no way I could ever repay Him for giving me this gift of second chances. Of do-overs. Of new beginnings. Of trying again. No matter how many times I fail. I love my Savior. I praise Him. I worship Him.
 
"And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities." - Alma 7:11-12

 

Upon the cross of Calvary
They crucified our Lord
And sealed with blood the sacrifice
That sanctified his word.
 
Upon the cross he meekly died
For all mankind to see
That death unlocks the passageway
Into eternity.
 
Upon the cross our Savior died,
But, dying, brought new birth
Through resurrection's miracle
To all the sons of earth.
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morticia and Gomez Addams Love Song: "Rot Next to You"

Siren Call

Sally's Song and Corpse Bride Medley