A Child's Prayer

Song: A Child's Prayer
Artist: Primary Children's Songbook, pg. 12

These are the pleadings of my heart today. "Heavenly Father, are you really there? And do you hear and answer every child's prayer?" I need my Heavenly Father to deliver me from something I feel absolutely sick with dread, worry and fear. I feel like I have handled all I can. I can't do this anymore. Haven't I been through enough? Enough humiliation and panic? Enough judgmental thoughts? Enough? Enough? Enough? I can't take another hit! My confidence has been so bruised. If it takes another beating I don't know if I'll be able to recover. My heart is scared. I need deliverance from this fear. I need my prayer heard, understood, to not be judged but to be answered by a merciful and loving and all-knowing Father in Heaven. Please Father, don't allow me to suffer anymore. Send me relief. Send me peace. Provide a miracle for me.


Heavenly Father, are you really there?
And do you hear and answer ev'ry child's prayer?
Some say that heaven is far away,
But I feel it close around me as I pray.

Heavenly Father, I remember now
Something that Jesus told disciples long ago:
"Suffer the children to come to me."
Father, in prayer I'm coming now to thee.

Pray, he is there;
Speak, he is list'ning.
You are his child;
His love now surrounds you.
He hears your prayer;
He loves the children.
Of such is the kingdom, 
the kingdom of heav'n.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morticia and Gomez Addams Love Song: "Rot Next to You"

Siren Call

Sally's Song and Corpse Bride Medley