Grateful For Music Challenge Day 15: Take Flight

Song: Take Flight
Artist: Mindy Gledhill
 
Very similar to my song choice for yesterday but again, I'm just feeling really emotional and grateful for the people in my life who have helped raise me. Who have loved me just because I'm me. And because I'm theirs. And I'm special to them. And that feels so good! I'm especially feeling grateful for my sweet grandmother who has so much love for me. I feel it every time I see her (which isn't often enough!). I'm just so thankful for these wonderful people I have in my life! And this song is so sweet and all about that unconditional love of a parent and the love that is felt, needed and reciprocated from the child. It's very tender.
 
 
I can't be held too tightly
My spirit quivers like a kite
But when you love me without strings I take flight

I want to burn more brightly
Than all the shooting stars at night
And when you wish the best for me I take flight

And with the moon beside me
We dance in time
Don't let this distance tell you
This is goodbye
It's not goodbye
I'll see you on the other side
Where no one's wrong and all is right
And off we'll go into the light
Where we'll take flight
We'll take flight
We'll take flight

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morticia and Gomez Addams Love Song: "Rot Next to You"

Siren Call

Sally's Song and Corpse Bride Medley