Go the Distance

Song: Go the Distance
Artist: Peter Hollens (from Disney's Hercules)
 
I am so obsessed with this song right now! I have been listening to it on repeat and it is constantly going through my head. I'm a huge fan of Peter Hollens and highly recommend checking him out. He is a one-man-acapella singer and is incredible!
 
This song has more meaning to me right now in my life than it has ever before. I've always loved this song but now it is personal. The lyrics are so beautiful and meaningful. I can view this song as a personal journey, discovering who you are and where you want to go and who you can ultimatley become. I also view it with a spiritual meaning, a journey bringing one close to God and finding peace through Him. Both apply to me. It's such an uplifting, feel good song! This is an anthem for me for sure right now.
 
 
I have often dreamed of a far off place
Where a hero's welcome would be waiting for me
Where the crowds will cheer when they see my face
And a voice keeps saying, this is where I'm meant to be

I'll be there someday, I can go the distance
I will find my way if I can be strong
I know every mile, will be worth my while
When I go the distance, I'll be right where I belong

Down an unknown road to embrace my fate
Though that road may wander, it will lead me to you
And a thousand years would be worth the wait
It might take a lifetime but somehow I'll see it through

And I won't look back, I can go the distance
And I'll stay on track, no, I won't accept defeat
It's an uphill slope but I won't lose hope'
Til I go the distance, and my journey is complete

But to look beyond the glory is the hardest part
For a hero's strength is measured by his heart
 
Like a shooting star, I will go the distance
I will search the world, I will face its harms
I don't care how far, I will go the distance
'Til I find my hero's welcome, waiting in your arms

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morticia and Gomez Addams Love Song: "Rot Next to You"

Siren Call

Sally's Song and Corpse Bride Medley