HAPPY LEAP DAY 2016!!

It's leap day! We are so lucky to have a whole extra day of LIFE!
 
I'm a little disappointed with the way I spent my extra day. I did what I normally do. I was lazy. I procrastinated. I ate way too much of the wrong kind of food. I was moody. And rude. And I got really insecure, nervous and upset when I went driving! What a way to enjoy my extra 24 hours of living, right!?
 
But you know, I learned something today. I learned that I'm ready. Tomorrow, March 1st I'm getting my driver's licence. Yes, GETTING. I'm not going to fail. I CAN do this! It doesn't matter that it took 8 extra years to get to this point. I have needed every single day of those 8 years to get to where I am now. I'm not perfect. And I'm not necessarily where I want to be. But you know what? This is YOUR life. And you don't have to live it according to anyone elses' agenda. You don't have to compare it to everyone else your age (or younger). I have had really great times and experiences these past 8 years. I have met people who I have needed to meet. And know. And have be a part of my life. I have witnessed and felt God's love for me in countless ways. He doesn't care that it's taken me this long. He's never looked at me as a failure. A disappointment. An embarrassment. Instead, I have seen and felt him help me. He never put me in a situation I couldn't handle. He has provided me with hundreds of small miracles and tender mercies specifically designed for me.
 
Tomorrow, my life is going to change. I'm going to do something that has petrified me with fear for so many years. Something that has truly held me back. And I'm going to overcome it. The Lord is on my side, why should I fear? Why should I doubt? I'm ready. He's prepared me for this moment. And He won't leave my side. Ever since I scheduled this appointment I've felt really good about it. I have felt only peace of mind and heart. I know I'm ready. And I know this is Heavenly Father's way of letting me know that He believes in me. And knows that I can do this. It doesn't matter it's taken me this long to get to this point. IT DOESN'T MATTER. This is exactly when I needed it to happen. Because I've had a lot of learning to do. I've had a lot of growing. I've had a lot of really hard times I've had to go through. A lot of "failures." A lot of pain. A lot of love. I have always been loved by Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and my family through all of this. They have never, ever cared that I couldn't drive. They have loved me anyway. And that teaches me a lot.
 
Whew! Whoa! I didn't know my Leap Day post would turn into this but I'm glad it did because it's all true. 2016 may have started out rough and rocky but it's all uphill from here. It's all faith and trust and even pixie dust ;) It's going to be the best year yet!
 
So, HAPPY LEAP DAY! I'm glad I got this extra day of learning. I'm glad I had an extra day to prepare for my test tomorrow. To reflect. To learn. To understand.
 
Also, Google's leap day animation was so adorable!
 
 
Hahaha
 
Adorable! Thanks for "hopping" in there Bunny 29. I needed you. I love you.
 
Learn more about why we have Leap Year here and here. Learn something new every day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morticia and Gomez Addams Love Song: "Rot Next to You"

Siren Call

Sally's Song and Corpse Bride Medley