Sugar Cookie Recipe I Used for Hanson Day 2015

Here is the recipe I used to make my I Heart Hanson sugar cookies for Hanson Day. It is NOT the recipe that was included with my I Heart Hanson cookie cutters....this one has less butter :) And I didn't have much on hand, that's why I couldn't use the Hanson recipe. Maybe another time....but this one is SO GOOD and I've made it multiple times before and it has turned out PERFECTLY every single time! Highly recommend this recipe. I've also included the recipe for the frosting that goes with it (this was originally a mini fruit pizza sugar cookie recipe) but these cookies definitely don't need it. They taste awesome plain!  

You Will Need (for the cookie):
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar, eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Mix in flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and milk. Chill dough for one hour. Once chilled, roll out dough on a floured surface until it's a little more than 1/4 inch think. Using cookie cutters (preferably your I Heart Hanson cookie cutters ;) cut out your cookies. Place on ungreased cookie sheets and bake 13 minutes. Let the sugar cookies cool completely.

For the Frosting:
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (8 ounce) container nondairy whipped topping

In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread cream cheese layer over cooled sugar cookies.

ENJOY! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morticia and Gomez Addams Love Song: "Rot Next to You"

Siren Call

Sally's Song and Corpse Bride Medley