HAPPY HANSON WEEK 2015 RE-CAP!!

My previous post is a little bit of a downer and I owe Hanson more than that. It just goes to show what a die hard Fanson I have become because my little heart literally broke in two when the live streams ended up choppy and basically "un-watchable" Saturday evening. It shattered into a million tiny pieces to read on the Hanson app that others were having such "smooth sailing" with the streams when I felt angry and upset all night trying to follow what was going on and trying to enjoy the stream. It literally felt like the "end of the world." I was thrilled to learn that the streams would re-stream all day Sunday but they were still glitching like crazy when I tried watching them again.
 
I decided to try my luck today and made my way to the "Member's Only" live stream page at Hanson.net. Maybe just maybe they were still streaming. Miracle of miracles they WERE and I am THRILLED to report that I have watched both streams over with hardly ANY glitches!! I am ecstatic!! I LOVED them! I am SO happy and grateful that I got to really experience what I had not been able to on Saturday. The concert was so worth the choppiness from the day before. It also reaffirmed to me that I absolutely HAVE to get myself to at least one Hanson concert at some point in my life. Bucket list. Life goals. They are a freaking BLAST live and just amazing!!!
 
I literally recorded half of the concert on my iPod (to the point where I ran out of space!). I will have these videos to cherish for years to come! I wish I filmed some of the "State of the Band" because they were hilarious (as usual)!
 
Some memorable quotes from Hanson's "State of the Band" talk:
 
(referring to a fans question about tours of 3CG): "It will have to go to the jedi council." - Zac (he would, hahahaha)
 
(talking about the difficulty of choosing a favorite song after another fan's question): "This is like asking someone what their favorite pie is....you just can't choose one.....it's cherry." - Taylor (bahahaha, so Taylor!)
 
(part of Zac's analogy of songs and writing songs): "The people are drinking the water from the bucket and I am feeding them with my fluids!" - Zac
 
The concert, start to finish, was too amazing for words. I can't do it justice trying to describe it, you literally had to "be there." And I'm so grateful I was given that second chance :)
 
Top Favorite Songs from the Hanson Day Concert (not in any particular order):
 
Give Me Your Best Shot (*new)
What Are We Fighting For (*new)
Been There Before
On and On
Lonely Again (probably my favorite of the night....I don't know why, they just sounded so amazing during this one, all three were on point).
Call Me (Ike solo)
Need You Now (Zac solo)
Lost Without You (Tay solo)
Grace Unknown (*new)
Sound of Light
Rock n' Roll Razorblade
White Collar Crime
Hey (Encore performance)
 
I am just feeling overwhelmed with gratitude right now. It is literally a tender mercy and a small miracle (as far as I'm concerned) that this happened. It feels like it happened just for me. That the stream just kept looping. I know that's silly, but I had wanted this so bad and just felt so sad not able to have enjoyed it the way I had wanted to Saturday. Thank you thank you thank you!!!! Next year, I'm going to be there in person!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morticia and Gomez Addams Love Song: "Rot Next to You"

Siren Call

Sally's Song and Corpse Bride Medley