MMMBop!

If you don't know this gem of a song, you are missing out! This is one of my all-time FAVORITE songs and it NEVER fails to put me in a good mood! It's so catchy and it's just fun to sing and dance along to. Many people like to criticize this song and the boys who sing it because it sounds cheesy. Not to mention it was sung by young boys with high voices and long, blonde hair. But if you listen to the words and the message of this song, I think you'll be impressed :)


I happen to love those long-haired, high voice boys who not only sing but WROTE (and at a really young age) MMMBop, also known as the one and only HANSON.

I cannot adequately describe how much they mean to me! 1997-NOW! And FOREVER! Rock on Hanson!

I have so much love and respect for this band. Let me just share a few reasons why I love them so much:

1) They are brothers, family.
2) They are so talented! They have great harmonies, they have worked so hard on their music for over 20 years (my entire life basically), they not only sing but they WRITE their own music and PLAY their own instruments!
3) They are good, decent people. All three boys are married with children. That says A LOT, especially compared to today's so-called "celebrities"
4) Their music is clean, wholesome and just so dang good!
5) They are SO talented (have I mentioned that?) They don't rely on electronics and auto-tune to make their voices sound "good", they are just pure, raw talent.

Ok, honestly I could go on and on about these boys but I'll stop there. The way I've been talking about them, one might think I have been a life-long, dedicated, die-hard fan. The truth is, I just recently discovered this incredible band of brothers. Last October I was watching one of my favorite TV shows, Cupcake Wars, and Hanson were the guest judges. I had no idea who they were at the time but by the way the host introduced them they sounded like some really talented people. So I decided I would look them up on itunes and see if I recognized any of their songs. When I clicked on MMMBop is sounded soooo familiar but I couldn't figure out where I'd heard it before. I grew up in the 90's so I must have heard it at least ONCE in my childhood, they were a big deal back then! After that day, I was hooked! I watched their cute (if a bit cheesy, but I mean come on! They were 16, 14 and 11 at the time and it was made during the 90's!) video and have become a dedicated and life-long die hard fan!

I hope you enjoy this song as much as I do! I mean really, these boys had TALENT! Look how young they are! They are playing their own instruments and singing very well. So what they have high voices, um hello, they were KIDS!! And their long hair is not that big of a deal! I think they are absolutely ADORABLE and have just continued to get better with age. You can expect a lot more HANSON songs in the future :) Another reason why I love this song so much is because I can relate! Read the lyrics below, we all can. My life seems to be flying by in an MMMBOP!!


Oh oh oh oh oh
Yeah

You have so many relationships in this life
Only one or two will last                                   

You go through all the pain and strife
Then you turn your back and they're gone so fast 
*(EVERY SINGLE PERSON can relate to this!)*
Oh yeah
And they're gone so fast, yeah
Oh
So hold on the ones who really care
In the end they'll be the only ones there 
*(Amazing! And so, so true)
And when you get old and start losing your hair
Tell me who will still care
Can you tell me who will still care?
Oh care

Mmmbop, ba duba dop
Ba du bop, ba duba dop
Ba du bop, ba duba dop
Ba du
Yeah
Mmmbop, ba duba dop
Ba du bop, Ba du dop
Ba du bop, Ba du dop
Ba du
Yeah

Oh yeah
In an Mmmbop they're gone  *(An MMMBop is a frame of time, a passage of time)
Yeah yeah

Plant a seed, plant a flower, plant a rose
You can plant any one of those
Keep planting to find out which one grows
It's a secret no one knows
It's a secret no one knows
Oh, no one knows

Mmmbop, ba duba dop
Ba du bop, ba duba dop
Ba du bop, ba duba dop
Ba du, yeah
Mmmbop, ba duba dop
Ba du bop, Ba du dop
Ba du bop, Ba du dop
Ba du, yeah


Oh
Yeah oh

In an mmmbop they're gone
In an mmm bop they're not there
In an mmmbop they're gone
In an mmm bop they're not there
Until you lose your hair
Oh
But you don't care, oh baby!

Mmmbop, ba duba dop
Ba du bop, ba duba dop
Ba du bop, ba duba dop
Ba du, yeah
Mmmbop, ba duba dop
Ba du bop, Ba du dop
Ba du bop, Ba du dop
Ba du, yeah


Can you tell me? oh
No you can't 'cause you don't know
Can you tell me? oh
You say you can but you don't know
Can you tell me? oh
(Which flower's going to grow?)
No you can't 'cause you don't know
Can you tell me? oh
(If it's going to be a daisy or a rose?)
You say you can but you don't know
Can you tell me? oh
(which flower's going to grow?)
No you can't 'cause you don't know
Can you tell me? oh
You say you can but you don't know
Oh yeah
You say you can but you don't know
You don't know
You don't know, oh

Mmmbop, ba duba dop
Ba du bop, ba duba dop
Ba du bop, ba duba dop
Ba du, yeah
Mmmbop, ba duba dop
Ba du bop, Ba du dop
Ba du bop, Ba du dop
Ba du, care

Oh
Can u tell me? oh
No you can't 'cause you don't know
Can u tell me? oh
You say you can but you don't know
Can u tell me? oh
No you can't 'cause you don't know
Can u tell me?
You say you can but you don't know



Check out Hanson singing MMMBop 15 years later! They've still got it! LOVE HANSON!

*Sorry if these lyrics are a little off. I found them online and it's hard to get it 100% accurate.
*Also, note the name of my blog address....am I crazy?? This song is just too great! Only HAPPY people can appreciate and like this song :) And Hanson in general.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morticia and Gomez Addams Love Song: "Rot Next to You"

Siren Call

Sally's Song and Corpse Bride Medley